Posting of UIL A test?

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Posting of UIL A test?

Postby Quelloquialism » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:25 pm

Lubbock High's bad luck this year continues (we already missed TMSCA #6/UIL C because Seminole didn't hold it this year)...due to the below-freezing weather and high chance of precipitation in the form of freezing rain in Lubbock overnight, we will not be attending Andrews for the UIL A meet. Disappointing, to say the least...I love UIL A. But I don't disagree with the decision, for safety reasons...

Anyway, my question is this--as I will not be able to take the UIL A tests in a meet, when do you think the UIL A tests will be available # or anything? My custom with handling the UIL A test has always been to take the test at the meet on Saturday and then do a very thorough test dissection on Sunday until I can answer every question on all five tests, and I was wondering if I could still have a chance of going over the tests this weekend even in the absence of a competition.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby bradp » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:40 pm

UIL A tests can't be posted until after Feb 3 because they can be given tomorrow, Jan 20 Jan 27 and Feb 3 (UIL B's first day is feb 10).

There is, of course, the option of getting it from someone who takes it tomorrow ...

btw, freezing rain? weak excuse.
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby Quelloquialism » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:02 pm

Maybe I could get the tests somehow...

The weather is pretty crazy in Lubbock right now, though. It's already (according to my ForecastFox weather extension) 30 degrees outside, expected to drop further over night, and it's already started raining in parts of Lubbock...meaning potentially very icy roads, not ideal for large buses.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby bradp » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:05 pm

walk
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby Quelloquialism » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:11 pm

I really wish I could.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby MistaPotta » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:48 pm

I'd hold off at least until next weekend. I'm sure the weather is not a localized event but will affect the whole panhandle/west texas area tomorrow (we're getting it Sunday.) I'm sure some school will jump at the chance to offer the "A" release the subsequent weekend (20th). Either that, or Dr. Botrell is rather resourceful, so he might just do something else.

And, yeah, part of the agreement that lets me post tests for UIL is that I wait until the testing window. That's also why I don't post the district tests until both districts are done.

~MP
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby TrumpeTmasTer990 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:34 pm

Well as for Lubbock High's bad luck, Coronado traveled eight hours to Flower Mound only to have to leave right after ns because of coming snow storm. Ugh, I really wanted to take calculator....
TrumpeTmasTer990

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff