[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - How well did you do on TMSCA #9?

How well did you do on TMSCA #9?

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

How well did you do on TMSCA #9?

Postby Celsion » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:47 pm

@ Glen Rose meet:
NS-couldn't take, too late
Calculator- 129 (really bad)
Math- 100

Anyways, everyone must of had a better weekend than me.
Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:59 pm

My TMSCA#9 experience was...unusual.

We got a late start because one of our team members was very late to the bus. Then, maybe half an hour or so out of Lubbock (on the way to Midland), the bus broke down, and we had to get a replacement driven up to us. Ended up missing Number Sense, but the folks at Midland were quite understanding--they set up an extra contest room and gave us the tests we missed separate from everyone else so we could still compete. Pretty awesome of them to do that.

Anyway, personal results:
Number Sense: 175 (very, very good for me--I only made it to question 35, but I had perfect accuracy)
Calculator: 234 (well above average for me--it's just my lucky day, I think)
Mathematics: 182 (pretty much on par with my average, so I was happy)
Science: 164 (Bio: 38 (mediocre...wish I'd stop slipping here); Chem: 84 (yay), Phys: 42 (above average, very happy--excellent luck guessing))

Overall, an exceptionally good meet for me.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby bradp » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:08 pm

@ dulles meet - exceptionally well run meet
NS - 382 mmmm
CA - 220
MA - 186 looking forward to a larry white test next week - these sub 200s are damaging my ego
SC - 182 see math comment. missed 7 on bio -_-
CS - 136
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby Roel » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Nice score on NS brad, 5a NS is gonna be tough this year.
My scores were the following...

NS-355
CA-267
MA-210

This TMSCA math tests just go from tough to tougher. I cant wait to take a quick UIL math test and one of those actual calculator tests next week.
Roel
Random Spammer

Postby stupidityismygam » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:20 pm

NS- 373
calc- lets not go there
math - 266
sci - ehhh
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby hhhsmath06 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:28 am

bradp, wut school r u from? is it 5A?
i love ur ns score...and roel's and steven's...ns scores that are in the 300s are more often this year than last.

q
hhhsmath06
Random Spammer

Postby bradp » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:34 am

bradp
Perfectionist

Postby stupidityismygam » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:08 pm

stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:26 pm

I noticed something particularly nice about my scores...

I've been keeping track of every UIL and TMSCA meet I've gone to since the beginning of 10th grade. I record all of my scores in a spreadsheet to track where I'm progressing, where I need progress, and such. And this meet stands out in a particularly interesting way for me--I did not make a single personal best in any of the individual events, but I broke my personal best scaled total for a single meet (scaled total = NS + 8/7*CA + 10/9*MA + 10/9*SC) by about 27 points. So this meet is now my best overall performance at any meet since I've gone to Lubbock High.

Now...I'll get to work making sure it's broken again at UIL B. =D
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby hustonstreet » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:25 pm

Calculator- 299
hustonstreet
Typical User

Postby hhhsmath06 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:30 pm

hhhsmath06
Random Spammer

Postby stupidityismygam » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:07 pm

yep thats what i said :)
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby bradp » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:18 pm

We should still have some chances to compete ... You should, next week, ditch West Brook and go to Livingston so I have some competition. and there's tmsca state and the big show in Austin if i make it
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby hhhsmath06 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:20 pm

if i have 2 wks of practice time...i think i can still put up a fight with you and steven...i think....^-^~~~~the major problem is how can i disguise myself as a 13th grader and how can i find time to compete...

q
hhhsmath06
Random Spammer

Postby MistaPotta » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:55 pm

Came back early this morning from Midland, too tired to update then.

The long and short of it:

Kudos to Kiefer Aguilar, who took three of the scholarships. Oliver, Nathan, and Nicolas each won one.

Lubbock beat us down, taking three of the team trophies and sweepstakes (3541 to 3182.) Props to them.

Good work all of you with the high scores. Math seemed especially harder than other recent weeks, so seeing these scores are pretty good.

Next week we go up against our rivals La Joya, who're making the journey to SA Memorial. Should be a good one.

~MP
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

kinda late

Postby gil » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:00 pm

might be kind of late, but for what its worth
Science: 256
NS: 160
CS: didn't bother taking the Hexco test seriously
Math: not good
-La Feria Meet
gil
Typical User

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff