[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - So, what's your team's upcoming schedule?

So, what's your team's upcoming schedule?

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

So, what's your team's upcoming schedule?

Postby MistaPotta » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:32 pm

Here's O'Connor's. Say hi when you see us :)

November 18 - Converse Judson
December 2 - Bridgeport
December 9 - San Antonio Memorial
January 13 - San Antonio Marshall
January 20 - OHS Winter Meet
January 27 - San Antonio MacArthur
February 3 - WTFCTM/Midland
February 10 - San Antonio Memorial
February 17 - San Antonio Jay
Februray 24 - ** STILL LOOKING FOR A CONTEST :( **
March 3 - La Joya
March 17 - TMSCA

~MP
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby kashhustler » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:11 pm

Here is Klein's (tentative) schedule:

November 18 - TMSCA #5 Northshore
December 2 - UIL C at Channelview
January 13 - UIL A at Klein
January 20 - TMSCA #7 Elkins
January 27 - TMSCA # 8 Klein Oak
February 3 - TMSCA # 9 Dulles
February 10 - TMSCA # 10
February 17 - UIL B
February 24 - Rice University Math Competition
March 3 - TMSCA #11
March 10 - UIL E
March 17 - TMSCA State

hmm so we won't be seeing o'connor until state after all
kashhustler
Random Spammer

Postby mathslug » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:36 am

I am going (in one way or another) to the following meets:

Nov 18 - Judson
Dec 2 - Belton
Dec 9 - SA Memorial
Jan 13 - Medina Valley
Jan 20 - Cypress Creek (CS) or O'connor
Jan 27 - Round Rock
Feb 3 - East Central
Feb 10 - Wimberley
Feb 17 - John Jay
Feb 24 - McCollum
Mar 3 - ?????

What is the UIL E test? Can anyone fill me in?
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby hhhsmath06 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:08 am

*sigh* i heard from my coach that our team budget got cut again...so this yr they'll go to fewer meets...even tho there isn't really a good meet around central tx anyways...the only good meet our school will go to is the a&m consolidated meet in march...ha, i'll drive there to see them.

i've always wanted to go to one of the houston/sugarland area meets back in hs...becuz i know there will always be lot of competitions...*sigh* o'connor meets was awesome 2 yrs ago becuz medina valley was there...plus i luv the 2nd place top gun trophy, a bunch of broken trophies stacked together...i remember last yr Austin Hu got it and the trophy broke b4 he left...Overall...i think o'connor had the best trophies...haha.

q
hhhsmath06
Random Spammer

Postby bradp » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:37 pm

Dec. 2 @ Channelview

Jan. 13 @ Klein - UIL A
Jan. 27 @ Klein Oak - TMSCA #8
Feb. 3 @ Dulles - TMSCA #9
Feb. 10 @ Livingston - UIL B
Feb. 17 @ Atascocita - TMSCA #10
Mar. 17 @ UTSA - TMSCA State
Last edited by bradp on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby mathslug » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:08 pm

Hey Quincy,

I saw your HS compete at the Pflugerville meet, and there are a few individuals left from your team that are still pretty good. Y'all have one in NS and a few in Calc. I'm actually kind of surprised Harker Heights didnt do any better than they did in math. I thought y'all used to have a good math team as well as NS and calc. You really are right about the meets in central texas though... They're almost non-existant unless you go as far south as San Antonio, as far west as El Paso, as far north as Dallas and Lubbock, and as far east as Houston... Our school goes to like 4 practice meets a year because of that, and they're always the same freaking ones... Belton is a new competition for our school, however. I dunno how far south the northern schools go, but I think Temple and Belton are close enough to attract decent math competition. I like having to really work just to place at all in the math events, because it doesn't just feel like the meet officials are just giving you trophies (*cough* district).

I would have to agree with your comment about the O'conner trophies. They rock. I mean, who else do you know throws a meet that has their students run the show and gives out 4ft tall sculptures to the 2nd place top gun? I cant think of anyone else that does that. I didnt know that you won the 2nd place top gun the year before last! I think that its cool that I know all the people that won that award in the last three years, with me being the latest addition. My trophey weighs about 24 lbs and stands at about 4ft 2in, and it is most definately my favorite.

Oh, and Brad... I was wondering what size school you go to.

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby bradp » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:38 pm

I go to Kingwood HS... 5A. We have ~3,000 students but a new high school is being built soon so that number will decrease a bit.

You'd think with that many people we'd have the money/interest to do a lot of UIL stuff, but we only went to 3 invitationals (as a school) last year.
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby hhhsmath06 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:16 pm

Zack,
lol, yeah, my former teammate called me when she was at the meet...i heard about the results, i was never a fan of the pflugerville meet, because the tests they use are not authentic...last yr it was the worst meet i've been to...the timer rang at the 9 min mark and it messed up my rythme so so so bad...and they made the ns and math test way way way too easy(homemade)...and calc test way to weird...
speaking of math, our coach never cared about general math becuz we'll never have a remote chance @ district or regionals...a&m and klein were simply just too strong...in fact...we only concentrate on calculator...of course, i was the exception...cuz i luved ns and the feeling i get when i compete with myself and time. last yr...with Bo, Me, saqib, and rachel, we were the best team in the history of harker heights...and we still lost to klein in regionals...gr...!
There is only one person who is good in NS on my team right now...her name is kim lacy...hee hee, i taught her everything about NS...but with klein...it will be tough for her...
Btw i got the 1st place top gun trophy last yr, not the 2nd place one...
the 1st place top gun trophy looks just like the normal one...man...i always wanted to ask mr.potter why would he make the 2nd place top gun trophy cooler than the 1st????? the yr b4 last, i got 2nd place for calc only...honestly...not count the schools that participate and just looking at the overall organization of the math meet...mr.potter really makes O'connor a perfect meet for the math guys...i mean WE DIDN'T HAVE TO STAY THE WHOLE DAY FOR OUR FREAKING SPEECH/DEBATE TEAM THAT ALWAYS TAKES A BILLIOIN YRS TO FINISH!! THANKS MR. POTTER

afterall..."pretty good" is not enough to get out of a death division/death district/death region...our team better be "pretty da*n amazing" to get anywhere...don't think that's gonna happen...

q
hhhsmath06
Random Spammer

2nd place is better cause...

Postby MistaPotta » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:23 am

About three years ago, we had to get rid of a bunch of our older trophies due to lack of trophy case (our football teams started winning, so they took over our cases. >.<) so we hosted a meet without buying trophies, just pieced together sets from the trophies we had, bought new plates, and recycled them. Saved ~$600 in trophy costs that meet.

Point of the story is, we had this awesome 2nd place trophy top (not that typical Nike Athena Winged Godess of Victory), but nothing really to match it, so we had to come up with a trophy befitting of such a top. Hence, the second place trophy.

See, the person that wins first place usually wins first place consistently, so they always get the tallest trophies at meets. We have to honor that little guy, the well-balanced one, the one just on the verge of great success...and burden him down with ~24 lbs of marble, plastic, and metal.

For reference, the trophy Zack speaks of... (links to not screw with page width)

MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby saeben » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:02 am

La Joya's Schedule of meets is as follows:
December:
2 Science Academy-Mercedes
9 PSJA North
16 Laredo United South

January:
13 Edcouch-Elsa
20 Weslaco
27 Donna or San Antonio

February:
3 La Feria
10 Mission
17 SHaryland
24 Edinburg HS

March:
3 We host a major one and everyone is invited. We have two major
divisions: 5a and Below 5A. And we also have freshmen competing
against freshmen in each division, sophs vs sophs, etc. Contact me
for more info. Last year, we had 45 schools competing in all events.
10 We are still looking for one
17 Spring Break (TMSCA)
30-31 District Meet
saeben
Typical User

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff