[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - UIL B scores

UIL B scores

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

UIL B scores

Postby bradp » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:00 pm

How did you do?

@ Livingston HS - A&M consolidated was there to provide some competition
NS - 346, I don't like running into the school, going to the bathroom really fast, and taking the test a few minutes later
CA - 253
SC - 324 (120 on chem to tie with 3 other 120s for top chem)
CS - 114
MA - 318
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby Quelloquialism » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:40 pm

NS: 186
CA: 262
MA: 240
SC: 238 (Bio: 72; Chem: 104; Phys: 62)
CS: 144

My Number Sense, Calculator, Mathematics, and Science scores were all personal bests (they were previously 181, 241, 228, and 184, respectively). Additionally, in the Science sub-divisions, my Physics was a personal best (beating my previous best of 54), my Biology was 6 points shy of a record, and my Chemistry was 2 points shy.

As for Computer Science...it was my worst score since TMSCA#8 2006. I was ridiculously disappointed...bah, stupid errors everywhere. It was still the highest score from the Monterey meet, but it's complete rubbish on State-wide scale, so...yeah, major disappointment there.

(edits to update scores)
Last edited by Quelloquialism on Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby stupidityismygam » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:45 pm

My scores

NS - 373
Calc - 253 (personal best)
Math - 312 :'(
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Kurt » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:58 pm

NS: 191 (hahaha...)
CA: 280 (pleased with it)
MA: 290 (NOT pleased with it)
SC: 296 (pleased with it)

Don't know how I did in CS. Apparently not very good, according to Quelloquialism's post.

After looking at my scores, I think it's evident which event I need to practice on the most though, hahaha. I made quite a few stupid mistakes in math, and missed a lot of punch/crunch problems on calculator...as well as one of the two right triangle problems.
Last edited by Kurt on Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt
Incessant Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:01 pm

Last edited by Quelloquialism on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby stupidityismygam » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:04 pm

hey brad (or anybody else),

was jeffrey chen (goes to A&M) at livingston and if so,

how did he score?
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby NickR » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:40 pm

@PNG full meet

ns-207ish
calc-266 missed tons of punch and such
gm-302 missed a bunch : ( but it was my personal best
sci-178 hah
cs-164 : (

I think I could've had like 320+ if I wouldn't have made mistakes on that general math test because it wasn't that hard...
NickR
Random Spammer

Postby bradp » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:43 am

stephen - he was there
he got a 316 in NS, low 200 in calc (around 220), something higher than my science score, and a 336 in math

are you going to atascocita next week?
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby stupidityismygam » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:38 am

no we are having an AIME practice
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby The3point14 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:55 am

I haven't had a day so bad since 9th grade....

NS: 101 ... worst of the year
CA: 185 ... average for me I guess
Accounting: 224
MA: Not worth posting...even if I were a freshman.
CS: 176... did several math mistakes.. I missed number 11 for anyone that has the test so you can laugh at me. I am dissapointed.. should have scored at least 200.

I wasn't feeling 100% yesterday, but excuses aside... I #. Bridge City and Silsbee are too intimidating ;). Congrats on the 300+ Nick.

I think we (nederland) are going to actually begin having organized practicing... as a team. I've done everything alone, thus far. So watch out... I might break 200 in math again *laughs*
-- 2008 4A State Calculator Champion --
The3point14
Determined Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Not a very good day in general:

NS: 205
Math: don't wanna talk about it.
Science: 132 (what the heck) guessed on a bunch of physics questions.

I was up late the night before, better luck next time I guess.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby vheagle » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:30 pm

There sure aren't many results up for UIL B. Has nobody sent any in??? I'm anxious to see how other meets went. The meet we were at had some insanely high scores (for small schools) and I'm hoping that was just a fluke!
vheagle

Postby MistaPotta » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:40 pm

I've only got results from three meets. I'm hoping I get some more. They shouldn't have been as bad as the A release, weatherwise.

~mp
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby stupidityismygam » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:52 pm

when are we free to talk about UIL B in the forums?
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby MistaPotta » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:43 pm

Mar. 3. I know of at least two contests on that date that are using "B" materials (including one here in SA.)

~MP
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby peterliang » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:22 pm

NS - terrible, messed up badly and forgot to go to verifications (The judges at needville weren't awake or something)

MA - didn't get results back yet

SC - yuck

Calc Apps - 121, first time taking the test in a competitive environment, and of course screwed up. I forgot to use 3sd for some of the word problems cause i thought the answers made more sense as whole numbers. Ended up getting 7th, even though 1st place was only 136.

CS - 202, Finally, something goes right.....err not. Made an answer sheet mistake on the first problem and crossed out a right answer for another problem. So should have gotten 216.

btw, fth ( you are sam right ? ), what happened on CA? it said you got dq-ed.
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby fht » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:18 am

Peter, I saw the Math result:
ZJ got 1st with 288(52/3), then me 284(54/5). You guys seemed to have gotten 3rd and 4th also (with upper 100s? really not sure). We got 5th and 6th.
I was quite mad about the math test, not that ZJ beat me, but the mistakes I made were assinine.
NS-291, not too pleased with it
SC-208
CS-DQd, subconsciously brought the test out of the testing room... yeah, i thought it was hilarious. Almost fell asleep during the test anyway. The sounds of punched buttons were extremely soporific.
CS-again almost fell asleep. Got the lowest score in a while.
Need to get more sleep next time.

Congrats to the 7-Lakers, esp. ZJZ.
Happy Chinese New Year everyone
Best Wishes
fht
Typical User

Postby peterliang » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:23 am

Haha, I didn't think it was that bad, or maybe it was the people around me were all going really slow.

lol, subconciously walked out the room with the test.......g1

btw, what happened to zw
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby mathslug » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:51 pm

Eh, I wasnt able to go. My parents forbade me to go at the last minute. It was a communication issue. They thought that I was going with a team or my school before, so they had thought it would be ok because I could sleep on the way in. Of course, I wasn't going to do that. I was gonna leave my house at 4:30 and try to get to Needville by 7:15 in a 3 hr driving frenzy. I've done that before, as Cody Baker and I made the 3 hr trip to Seven Lakes in Katy, and also when I made the 4 hour trip out to Rocksprings last year.

But this time it was different. My parents were afraid that I would fall asleep at the wheel, with good reason too. I played a full match in a varsity soccer game against New Braunsfuls in NB the night before the contest. When I got home at 11 or so, my parents called me up to their room and asked me to go over the specifics for the Needville excursion. I told them that I would be driving, starting at 4:30 and ending at 7:45 in Needville. They looked at me, looked at each other, and then back at me and gave me a stern, "HELL NO." Getting up early + physical exertion + 6.5 hrs of driving + worried parents = no Needville tournement for me. The worst part about all this is the fact that I had people in Calhoun make special accomidations for me so that I could be sponsored by their science coach, without whom I wouldnt have been able to compete. Sam bent over backwards getting all of them to agree to it, and I wasted 40 bucks on a contest that I didnt even get to go to. But thats just icing on the cake. I hate lying to people: saying I'm gonna do things and then not following through, and yet it seems to happen all the freaking time. Grumble...

SO... since I didnt get to go to Needville, I'm gonna try to go to the one contest that is still offering the B test - Churchill HS on March 3rd. Its only within an hour's drive, and I bet they'll let me compete alone. I might even get Devon P to go with me since he didnt get to take the B test either. I do have some apprehensions about this meet though. I'm scared that it won't make since everyone in San Antonio appears to have taken the B test already, and I'm also scared that the people who do go will be people that have already taken the B test. Churchill is my last shot at UIL B, and it will be my last invitational of the year in seeing how Feb 24 will be spent at TCEA Area for us. Then its off to TMSCA State, then district, then maybe a comp sci meet imbetween regionals and district, and so on.

Arg... I cant believe UIL is almost over already... It feels as though I've only just now become competitive in 4A. Man.. I wish I was still a junior.

Zack

PS, does anyone know anything about the Wall HS meet on the 5th of mar (mon)? They had one last year as well, and I was wondering if it was any good, so that I may pester my math coordinator accordingly.
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby peterliang » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:24 pm

I saw it before, its not UIL B though i dont think.
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby hhhsmath06 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:32 pm

hey zack, wut college will u go to?

q
hhhsmath06
Random Spammer

Postby mathslug » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:42 pm

To answer your question, I don't know yet. I've applied to 13 different schools on the east and west coast, but I shouldn't start recieving rejection/acceptence letters until mid-April. My lazy early-app went to MIT, but I was defered (of course).

The schools I applied to included: the ivys (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, Cornell, Columbia, Brown, and UPenn) as well as Duke, Vassar (Safety School), Caltech, Stanford and MIT. If I get into any of these schools, I'll be sure to scream it out on the forum out of sheer excitement, because my expectations for actually getting into any of these prestigeous universities is quite low.

I'll keep you updated when the letters start coming in,

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby fht » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:57 am

Zack, I told you to be confident about yourself. You're a exceptionally intelligent, motivated, athletic, leading, well-rounded Caucasian US citizen. Believe me, you're on the top of the food chain. So just sit back and chill, good things are bound to happen to you.
And I'm saying this not with any sarcasm, but my
Best Wishes
fht
Typical User

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff