[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Did anyone go anywhere 2/24/07?

Did anyone go anywhere 2/24/07?

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Did anyone go anywhere 2/24/07?

Postby mathslug » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:56 pm

I know there was a Rice Math contest, TCEA, A&M, and a bunch of other good meets this weekend, and I wondering how everyone did. Nobody has posted anything, so I assume that it might not have been too good of a weekend.

Our DS CS team went to the Area 13 TCEA D1 contest and underachieved. We only scored a 28, which is good enough to qualify for state, but pathetic in comparison to the scores we usually put up. The saddest part about it all was the fact that we finished my nine-pointer precisely 15 seconds after time was called. We had a syntax error (too many parenthesis on one line) that we didnt find until after time was called. Arg. Talk about frustrating. Not only that, but Cody had another nine pointer that he was able to fix a few minutes later. Thats 18 points that we let slip through our fingers.

We did get third, which isnt so bad. Our team has just recieved the wake up call it needed in order to get down to some # practicing. By the time state rolls around, we should be competitive.

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby hhhsmath06 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:06 pm

i was @ the a&m consol meet for about 30 min...my team didn't go for the 1st time in 7 yrs (i think). i would rather call it a "good meet" than a "great meet. " i got there right after the calc apps contest...from what i can remember dulles was the only strong school there (at least for ns)...oh ya, memorial (victoria) hs was also there, i just don't know if they were any good this yr. hm...dulles had some high 200s in ns...and i don't believe anyone broke 300 (don't quote me on that). ah...i just found the list of schools that were there in case anyone's interested...

list of schools (too lazy to type all of them, let me just type the ones j actually recognize)
klein collins
klein forest
klein oak
dulles
LBJ HS
McNeil
midway
memorial
neches-groves
westwood
west brook
westfield
cedar park
hhhsmath06
Random Spammer

Postby MistaPotta » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:45 pm

We had Regional science bowl. I gave a breakdown in my . Sufficed to say, a team of two sophomores and two juniors got fourth place.
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby stupidityismygam » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:15 pm

rice was a theorical contest, so no UIL or TMSCA tests for Klein
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby The3point14 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:14 pm

I went to the Clear Lake meet. There was a decent number of schools there, around 30 I believe. Although, the tests were not TMSCA, they used HEXCO.
Some noteable schools there were:

Nederland (go me! haha)
Friendswood
High Tower
Alvin

Our team did fairly well:
NS:
Nick Duplan aka TheThing2 -- 265 (3rd)
Me -- 190 (4th)
Elaine Nguyen -- 188 (5th)

CA:
Me -- 206 (6 crunchers) (1st)
Nick Duplan ~150 (4th)

ACCOUNTING:
Nick Duplan --304 (3rd)
Me ~250

CS:
Me -- 184 (2nd)
Nick Duplan -- ~130 (4th)

We left immediately after the math test, so I don't know the results, I will update when I get them this week.

We did pretty good overall, we are usually unheard of, not winning anything. I was hoping to see how competitive I was with Friendswood in Computer Science, since they are a power house, but to my dissapointment, a HEXCO CS test was used so that really didn't work out as planned, I believe I ended between their 2 students.
-- 2008 4A State Calculator Champion --
The3point14
Determined Spammer

Postby gil » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:53 pm

Did anyone else compete in a Science Bowl. My school did but I thought it was a small contest because only 8 of the 16 schools that were supposed to go showed up. It was fun though and we ended up winning.
gil
Typical User

Postby Quelloquialism » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:09 am

February 24th was fun for Lubbock High.

My school competed in Science Bowl, but it didn't go so well. They got 3rd, I think.

We also participated in TCEA (this is where I went). We brought two teams. My team received 37 points; the second team received 16. So we'll probably only have one State-bound team...but hey, I'm going, so I'm happy. I wasn't too happy with my 37, though...shouldn't have stayed up so late the night before.

What was left of our UIL team (no Kiefer Aguilar, Kurt Litsch, Darci Barney, DD Liu, or me) went on to TMSCA#11 at Permian HS. Looking at the scores, I think the team did remarkably well for being five people short.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff