[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - What region is everyone in?

What region is everyone in?

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Postby xanavi1130 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:19 pm

xanavi1130
Typical User

Postby peterliang » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:23 pm

i think our district got changed. now we are district 18 region 3 5A
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby Sternhund » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:25 pm

District 26, Region IV, J. Madison High!
THIS IS AN AWESOME SIG
Sternhund
Typical User

Postby PatriotAlanis » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:36 am

Last edited by PatriotAlanis on Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PatriotAlanis
Typical User

Postby bumwipe_resurrected » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:32 am

bumwipe_resurrected
Typical User

Postby Quelloquialism » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:27 pm

Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby LeoG » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:33 pm

Region IV-1A district 31, San Isidro
LeoG
Typical User

Postby aalindsey100 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:46 pm

Mathslug... was it you that made a 243 in calculator at district? Just wondering because right now that is the highest score over all the districts for 4A and the next closest score is a 211 in district 20 by Bertrand Michael.... pretty impressive score a 243... are you a junior or senior is a better question? Alright... I was j/w...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathslug » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:41 pm

Yeah I'm Zack :) With the help of a few people from this forum I've been able to become competitive in the calculator contest. At the begining of the year I would've never dreamed of going over 200, and now I have somewhat realistic hopes of going to state. I wish that I was a junior so that I could have one more year of calc (and all the other math events), but alas, I am a senior, which means that I've only got one more chance to make it to state... I wish you all good luck in district, region and state, and hopefully we'll see each other at state.

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby LeoG » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:51 pm

in 2 weeks we compete at regionals, so everyone look for that 300+ from the lil 1A region :D
LeoG
Typical User

Postby aalindsey100 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:09 pm

Well Zack I am Adriana.... Im a junior... my coach says we are not in the same region so if I make it to state I will hopefully see you there... we have the El Paso schools in our region and my coach says they are really really good but I think he is just saying that to scare us and if he isnt, hopefully they dont score above 300's or anything because then... wed all be doomed... Did you do TMSCA? I know yall went to state I remember hearing Dripping Springs... I didnt pay attention to the seniors much... we only have one senior this year and it is hard for me to keep focused in that environment for an extended period of time. lol (to many things going on) That is pretty amazing that you have brought your score up that much in just a year... my score has come up these past two weeks as far as in practice.... I just really started practicing because I felt compelled to after my horrible score at TMSCA state, ... I guess thats it... I hope you do well at region and I hope you have a wonderful time doing what you love... I wish you nothing but happiness!
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathslug » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:15 pm

Yeah I did TMSCA. I was able to get that 3rd place TMSCA $900.00 scholarship that I never thought I would win. I got a 231 on that calc test, and all my other scores were mediocre. I've been practicing too. I hate it because our school has nothing but old tests to practice off of, and I've seen many of those questions already, so my practice scores always seem inflated. Whats worse is that I do them really slowly, like my crunch time hovers around 13-15 minutes. I do the word problems much faster than the numericals, because I can almost anticipate what the problem will want before I read it. So I guess I make up for my slow punching there. :)

I'm glad to hear that your practicing hard, because everyone around me at my school seems to shudder at the thought of taking another calc test. I have to beg them to take tests with me, its really pathetic. I sometimes I have to race my calculator coach just to have some friendly competition! I wish I could be on a team with people like you. If I was, I have no doubt in my mind that we could take on Pine Tree (WHO FREAKING SWEPT 4A IN TMSCA). Y'all seem to have a promising future. I believe y'all had a freshman scoring 220 on the state test. That's insane! Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing your team at state, assuming that we both make it that far. I too wish you nothing but happiness as well.

- Hooray for longwinded replies -

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

32 4a

Postby PatriotAlanis » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:47 pm

Hey y'all, this is Mr. Alanis from Mission Veterans Memorial. Congrats to everyone for their district scores. We're in District 32 4A, and I dont know why the results have not been posted, but for the sake of competition, here are our district results:

Numbersense (All freshmen!!!!):
1st. Joseph Abbott - 152
2nd. Nathan Solis - 150
3rd. Bailey Cain - 94

(1st Place Team)

Calculator (12th, 9th, and 11th graders):
1st. Lorena Garcia - 234
2nd. Joseph Abbott - 206
3rd. Linda Garcia - 157

(1st Place Team)

Math (12th, 9th, and 11th graders):
1st. Lorena Garcia - 138
2nd. Joseph Abbott - 136
5th. Linda Garcia - 110

(1st Place Team)... see y'all at regionals!
PatriotAlanis
Typical User

Postby sportsrock » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:11 am

does anybody know what districts region IV consists of?
sportsrock
Typical User

Postby MistaPotta » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:54 am

Districts 25-32 are in Region IV.
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Previous

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff