[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - UTT ACM High School

UTT ACM High School

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

UTT ACM High School

Postby DPyro » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:54 pm

Anyone going to ACM tommorrow at UT Tyler? If so, let's meet up and play cards ;) No more three-man spades!

Carroll is bringing 3 teams driven by our government teacher. Unfortunately our Computer Science teacher is busy partying in Australia =P
DPyro
Typical User

Postby MichaelGummelt » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:02 pm

I'll be there, and when we went last year we had to do this really long tour around the campus as they tried to convince us to go there. I'd be more than willing to try and bail and play some spades.
MichaelGummelt
Random Spammer

Postby Celsion » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:28 pm

Not me (worthless post).
I just had to mention that thirteen is a better card game. lol
Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby Kurt » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:02 pm

Ah, I love spades. When I was in junior high, one of our UIL coaches used to be a Las Vegas Dealer. We were always partners in spades, and consequently we always won. :D

Oh, and this is a worthless post too, lol. What is ACM by the way?
Kurt
Incessant Spammer

Postby MichaelGummelt » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:21 pm

Association for Computing Machinery

but in short, its a programming contest. ACM is typically an acronym used for the collegiate programming contests (ACM ICPC is the international collegiate programming contest), but Tyler uses it for their high school contest as well.
MichaelGummelt
Random Spammer

Postby DPyro » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:51 pm

MichaelGummet, I'll seek you out then. What do you look like? And are you the infamous PJ guy who shows up to all competitions in pajamas? =P

I'll bring cards.
DPyro
Typical User

Postby MichaelGummelt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:07 pm

Ha, yea that was me, PJs. Sorry we didn't get a chance to play, it would have been a good way to spend the hour I spent idling at the end of the contest. It wasn't so much that I didn't have anything to do, but that I was mad about my wrong submissions at that point. They found that one data issue, but I suspect there were more. Which Southlake guy were you?
MichaelGummelt
Random Spammer

Postby DPyro » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:45 pm

PJ's! I knew it =)

I'm the brown kid with curly hair and glasses and was on the team that won second. And I also love the judges:

"Problem 2 is solvable! I'm sorry you can't solve it! Incompetent fools!"
"No! We can't say how many have solved it! It isn't suspicious that the only team that solved it had an answer that included 'Math.randInt()' in their answer!"
"What do you mean it's wrong it's right I assure...oops."

;)
DPyro
Typical User

Postby AuSmith » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:55 am

Dude, even my parents know who Pajama Man is. Way to be, Michael. After my big car wreck, I had to wear around a body brace, and PJs were the best thing to wear over the brace (Especially if they're emblazoned with bright billiard balls). I've kept wearing them and my housemates don't appreciate the art.
AuSmith
Grizzled Old Veteran

Postby MichaelGummelt » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:14 am

Yea, thats pretty much what I'm known for when I go to meets. What's a little difficult is trying to pull it off at UIL state. 3 days of the same outfit can get kinda...er....not so pleasant, so I usually wear something else for NS on Saturday. Friday is when I have to have it. There's no way I can code if I'm not in "uniform". NO WAY.
MichaelGummelt
Random Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff