[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Where are you staying for TMSCA State?

Where are you staying for TMSCA State?

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Where are you staying for TMSCA State?

Postby MistaPotta » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:55 pm

I'll be staying at the Casa de Potter. It's a quaint place with an "at-home" atmosphere. My students have made separate accomodations.

Where'll your team be at? Embassy Suites? Someplace else?

~MP
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby saeben » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:30 pm

Mista Potter,

You have room in your place for our team from La Joya? We're taking only about 20. Surely you have a large room in your back yard! We'll take it.

jk.. We'll be staying in the same place we always stay...Drury Inn next to the airport on 281. We stay there for a practice meet, TMSCA and Regionals, plus our middle schoolers for TMSCA. When we make reservations for all of them at one time at the beginning of the school year, we get a discount. Plus, breakfast is free. On Saturdays, they go out of their way to prepare a full-fledged breakfast. The management welcomes us because we always take a terrific group. Our kids are at their best behavior.

Mr. Potter, thanks for attending our meet in La Joya. Your kids are terrific. And your attendance seems to draw more top teams to our meet. I guess since most are not able to go to San Antonio, they are glad that San Antonio comes to us. You're the Valley's measuring stick. Again, thanks.

By the way, how many awards did you get, Mr. Potter? I think La Joya is the only school to have a sponsor's contest along with the students. It is done is fun and (for some of us) so that our students can make fun of us. As I said...all in fun!!

SaeBen
saeben
Typical User

Postby Quelloquialism » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:59 pm

Lubbock High's at Ramada Limited Northwest, a lovely one-star resort hotel with #, entertainment, and luxury beds*.

Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby fht » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:51 pm

Sleep Inn Medical Center NW
8318 I-10, SA, TX 78230
fht
Typical User

Postby MistaPotta » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:13 am

Ben, we enjoyed the La Joya meet. You guys run a wonderful contest. I'm just sorry we brought such a small squad this time (eleven seems like such a small squad when we usually travel with twenty-five or so.)

We have one room available. Well, you'd have to share it with a sixteen-month-old. :P

And I only won two awards - NS and Math. Missing twenty punch kinda makes it hard to win on calculator. :/ Kidding aside, I really enjoy the contest, and the kids are always pulling for me (they were disappointed I didn't take the Calc plaque.)

I always remember a comment that Leo Ramirez made to me when I was a high school student -- that they didn't come to San Antonio because that wasn't where the competition is. I hope our team's made a small difference in that. Thanks for coming up to SA in February. You always raise the bar when you're around.

~MP
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff