[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Summer Projects, Anyone?

Summer Projects, Anyone?

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Summer Projects, Anyone?

Postby Schismlion » Wed May 19, 2010 11:02 am

What's are you all going to be doing this summer, besides studying for UIL.
I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More I cannot say.
Schismlion
Typical User

Re: Summer Projects, Anyone?

Postby My#SenseIsTingling » Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Reading, running, tennis, swimming, and writing applications for colleges. I'm so boring.
My#SenseIsTingling
Typical User

Postby Schismlion » Wed May 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Lol. I'm doing a research project and plan on entering it into as many competitions as posible, and thats about it. Along with working out, running, tennis(Starting, actually), etc. No college apps for me, I'm just a soph.
I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More I cannot say.
Schismlion
Typical User

Postby Kenon » Wed May 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Getting back into shape in TF2, and becoming the best pyro on earth!
Won 3A State Physics in 2010.
D1/R/S of Senior Year:
Sci: 166 (1st)| 174 (2nd 20/64/88) | 174 (9th 64/26/84 1st Phys)
Math: 206 (1st)| 150 | 208 (10th)
Kenon
Determined Spammer

Postby KAN(BP)IMD » Wed May 19, 2010 5:48 pm

preparing for USAMO, and try as hard as possible to score a high SAT score(although it's almost impossible for me)... leave UIL aside for right now... but still want to train some middle school kids on NumSen, hope to get them to at least 200 before school starts... and hope to finish a good yr nxt yr since it'll be my last...
and summer schools of course...
KAN(BP)IMD

Postby My#SenseIsTingling » Thu May 20, 2010 8:25 am

My#SenseIsTingling
Typical User

Postby Kenon » Thu May 20, 2010 9:49 pm

D1/R/S of Senior Year:
Kenon
Determined Spammer

Postby shrig94 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Awesome Math = 6 weeks
ARML = 1 week
Studying for Physics/Chemistry/English SAT/USAMO rest of the time.
NS-355
M-348
CA-274
S-136
CS-160
Shri, AAA, Hirschi
shrig94
Incessant Spammer

Postby Schismlion » Fri May 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Schismlion
Typical User

Postby SumitG » Fri May 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Pffft you guys are weak! I'm going to be eating! It's my goal to become one of the youngest people ever to make the MLE.
Hi/Low 2010
You know I'm not even sure anymore...I get distracted from my scores by chocolate =(
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby My#SenseIsTingling » Fri May 21, 2010 10:53 pm

My#SenseIsTingling
Typical User

Postby joshk » Sat May 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Big 1A
UIL District/Regional/State Score
NS--220(1st)/184(2nd)/156(3rd)
MA--188(1st)/174(1st)/214(2nd)
joshk
Typical User

Postby Kenon » Sun May 23, 2010 1:03 am

D1/R/S of Senior Year:
Kenon
Determined Spammer

Postby Schismlion » Tue May 25, 2010 10:59 am

Anybody doing the Siemens Competition?
Schismlion
Typical User

Postby SumitG » Tue May 25, 2010 3:43 pm

I am (as a side activity to my # eating)! Hopefully I'll make Nationals this year. Last year Kevin Chen and his team beat my team out at Regionals...>.<
Darn KYC. He's too beastly.
Hi/Low 2010
You know I'm not even sure anymore...I get distracted from my scores by chocolate =(
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby Schismlion » Thu May 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Yeah, this'll be my first year. How far did KYC get?
Schismlion
Typical User

Postby stupidityismygam » Thu May 27, 2010 2:06 pm

my avatar is pretty awesome
tytia
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby SumitG » Thu May 27, 2010 5:44 pm

His other team members weren't too bad actually. But for all practical purposes, I suppose you could in this case delete the parentheses and the text inside them.
Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby Schismlion » Thu May 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Good grief. He's quite the achiever. Their little bio thing on the Siemens website is kind of interesting. The other two team members look nice, but then KYC # 'em out of the water. . I think you're probably right about that, sumitg.
Schismlion
Typical User

Postby SumitG » Fri May 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Grrr...the camp I'm going to be working at switched my project from working on a subcase of Goldbach's Conjecture to some image-smoothing thing...*anger*.
Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby Schismlion » Fri May 28, 2010 8:35 pm

All I know about Goldbachs Conjecture is that it has something to do with Riemanns Hypothesis. I have never heard of this imaging thingy. Shows how much I know about math....
Schismlion
Typical User

Postby AuSmith » Fri May 28, 2010 9:13 pm

AuSmith
Grizzled Old Veteran

Postby SumitG » Sat May 29, 2010 5:44 pm

I know...I had already started work on it too! The problem was to find the set of numbers that could be expressed as the sum of two primes through the use of the Pigeonhole Principle.
Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby AuSmith » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:09 pm

So, what had you gotten so far on the subcase?
AuSmith
Grizzled Old Veteran

Postby SumitG » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Really not much. Basically I just wrote some programs to help me collect data on numbers which are elements of the set, and came up with some properties that should be common to them. I was still missing quite a few conditions though I'm sure.
Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff