[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Aledo HS Meet/Flower Mound Meet Results

Aledo HS Meet/Flower Mound Meet Results

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Aledo HS Meet/Flower Mound Meet Results

Postby nsguy1350 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:28 pm

The Flower Mound meet was TMSCA 13 correct? We had third-party tests, and the tests were ridiculous.

NS was a piece of cake.
CA was a piece of cake.
MA was ridiculously bad.
SC was very hard.
CS was hard.

Best score in NS competition ever (319, excluding SAC).
Best score in CA competition/practice ever (241).
Worst score in MA competition/practice ever (this year, 120, yes, one hundred twenty).
Decent score in SC, and it was a hard, strange test (202, #1 bio, #1 Physics).
Worst score ever in CS competition/practice, I just straight bombed (142).

1st NS, 1st CA, 2nd MA, 1st SC, top Bio/Phys SC, 1st CS.
Almost a 9/10 sweep! I told the guy who beat me, and got 2nd in NS and Calc to join the forum!
Yes, I know my scores were pitiful, excluding NS and CA (SC wasn't too bad).
Math was a 162 pt drop from last time, and CS was a 46 pt drop. NS was a 50 pt rise, CA was a 42 pt rise, SC was a 26 pt drop.

THIRD PARTIES ARE HORRIBLE.

In good news, I won the $250 top prize! I'll be receiving it from my coach, who is going to get it mailed to him.
Nice to meet you guys, Salvadoramerican and ahmalsabag!
Chris, where were you? Did your school even show up?
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Re: Aledo HS Meet/Flower Mound Meet Results

Postby chrishuff » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:36 pm

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS there! It's just my phone service doesn't want to work over there at Aledo when I am inside the building! [And I don't want to wait outside to meet you when you call me, that wouldn't make sense] Ugh! I got those voice mails you left me as I was leaving Aledo near sunset. I didn't want to yell out something along the lines of "Is there a guy that uses the name nsguy1350 on texasmath here?" but was looking for you several times throughout the meet.

I got 4th place Individually in Calculator Applications. No one else in my school even placed in the Top 6 in ANY other events.
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby DentonKnight » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:38 pm

At Flower Mound, we had UIL written tests for everything except computer science. Our number sense test was the hardest I have ever taken. I'm don't know all of my scores, I will post mine when I do know. However, Ross Coker, who got a 299 at the Invitational B, dropped to a 23x.
2012 Lows
Competition/practice
NS: 191/191
GM: 212/150
CS: 176/152
Lit Crit: 75/60
DentonKnight
Random Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 pm

That Math test was NEITHER UIL NOR TMSCA!!! SO MANY WORDY PROBLEMS AS WELL!!! I GOT SO ENGRAGED BY SOME OF THE QUESTIONS, THAT I LITERALLY FOR EVERY BLANK I HAD LEFT WHEN THERE WAS A COUPLE OF MINUTES REMAINING, I PUT "B" ON IT.

I'VE STUDIED BY BUTT OFF USING UIL AND TMSCA AS TEST REFERENCE MATERIALS. WHEN I GOT THE PIECE OF CRAP ALEDO GAVE US, OOOOHHH IT MADE ME SO MAD AT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would of made a 66 without having anger issues.
But I made a -8

You will only know this score by reading this post, I will not post the scores on my signature on this website.
Christopher Huff
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Wow.
I saw a guy who I thought was you, but we looked right at each other, and I started to point to see if that was you, but you looked right at me and didn't recognize me.
I thought it was you, but then because you didn't see any of us (I was wearing my characteristic maroon letterman!), I thought that maybe it wasn't you. I just checked your profile picture, and it turns out it was you the whole time!
Salvadoramerican and I didn't see you (well I did, but I wasn't sure it was you), and someone said that Juan Seguin didn't show up when called for something, so we thought that you guys for some strange reason didn't show up.
THAT WAS YOU THE WHOLE TIME!
I called you like 8 times in the morning, and voicemail each time.

Luckily, Salvadoramerican recognized the letterman!
I was walking around the tables in the morning, and I thought you would recognize me. I circled the area multiple times. I even walked right past you on purpose, in the hope that you would recognize me, because I thought it might have been you. When nothing happened, I assumed that I wasn't remembering your face clearly (for some reason, I thought that your hair was blonde, but your face was recognizable), and it wasn't you.

THAT IS HORRIBLE!

It was nice meeting Salvador (David) and ahmalsabag (Ahmed), and their teams.
I also finally have scores of at least 200 in every event! In competition!
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:53 pm

I wasn't fully awake yet by the time Number Sense began. I should have not forgotten all the stuff I learned the past couple of weeks.
Christopher Huff

chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:55 pm

"and someone said that Juan Seguin didn't show up when called for something, so we thought that you guys for some strange reason didn't show up."

There might have been a couple of reasons why Juan Seguin was called.

I was in competition when they announced the awards for Calculator Applications.
One of our coaches left some valuables
Christopher Huff

chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:58 pm

"left some valuables"? Like what?
What was your NS score? That test was easy man... it was funny, because I flipped in like 2 min and only 1 other guy did like 6 minutes later, finished in maybe 7 - 8 minutes. I really finished the test maybe 40 sec before that, but one problem that I had skipped had me stuck, so I probably missed it. I'm not sure. I didn't get my NS test back! They lost it...

NS wracks your nerves man. Just relax at District, I guess, don't stress out too much.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:01 pm

*cough* *cough*

Here are the epic-ally low scores for Juan Seguin High School's Number Sense Team:

Nguyen Tran 6
Christopher Huff 3
Sarah Nett -13
Mathew Nguyen -80

Team Score: -4
Tie-breaker Score: -80 (ROFL)

This is our Number Sense District Team (lol)
Christopher Huff

chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:04 pm

And I think it was our Computer Applications coach that left Computer Applications stuff behind. I don't think it was from our Computer Science Team.
Christopher Huff

chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Come on man.
Redemption at District, this meet was a bunch of BS anyways.
How do you even get a -80....

And you can't leave the computers!
This meet was a failure for everyone, I guess.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Don't ask me how I get a -80, that was Matthew Nguyen who actually got it.

This meet wasn't total BS ~ I did quite well in Science in addition to Calculator Applications. My coach told me I got 11th overall, and two other people from my school's Science team got 10th and 8th individually. But what the good news is that Joshua was there and we creamed them by a good 120 points. Seguin got 3rd place as a team in Science. Were kind of going "under the radar" I should say. The 5A and magnet schools are helping us cloud up how good we actually are for when Districts comes along in 18 days.
Christopher Huff

chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:13 pm

A lot of people came up to me, and when I walked into Calculator and Math, I was "the guy who finished all 80 in NS". I wished I could've done that in Math! I had like 40% of my previous score in competition.

I told some people to join the forum, and I gave them the website. I hope to see them!
Oh, and I knew you didn't get a -80. Tell him he needs to be more cautious next time :D
We all have some serious practice to do!
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm also keeping an eye on Burleson, as they were next in line after Joshua. Science is going to be lots of fun :)
Christopher Huff

chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:21 pm

I need to make the science team!!
I'm not so sure this meet will help my cause at all... My score wasn't too high. I'll show it to them anyways, though. It was ridiculous. I also have 2 science tests I have to take at home, and I can't use any reference materials. I'm cramming and keeping the honor code.
I hope I can impress on these and at TMSCA State!
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby redhawk2015 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Class of 2015
Liberty HS, Frisco - 4A (District 9, Region II)

Top Scores This Year:
NS - 247 (Region) / CA - 268 (District) / MA - 338 (District) / SC - 184 (District)
redhawk2015
Determined Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Yes it is! I'm assuming you attended the Aledo meet today? What is your name and school?
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby BlasianAsian » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:07 pm

BTW, I forgot your school DentonKnight, and I didn't want to look retarded screaming your # username around, lol. Did you see me? I'll give you a hint... I was one of the guys playing Texas Hold'em with bite sized candies...and I won, lol.
Num Sense: -320
Calculator: -140
Math: -120
Science: -69696969696969
BlasianAsian
Celebrated Spammer

Postby nick3194 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:39 pm

:O. We always play spoons and pass the ace with # Pops! My friends' card game repertoire isn't advanced as mine, so we stick with easy-to-learn games.
District Goals:
Math - 250
Number Sense - 200
Calculator - 185
Spelling - 100
Computer Apps - High enough to get to Region
Computer Science - 150
nick3194
Random Spammer

Postby BlasianAsian » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Ah. I love gamblin though, even if it's with candy.
BlasianAsian
Celebrated Spammer

Postby 007math » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:44 am

I see a lot of people are posting that the math test wasn't UIL-like. What made it not UIL-like? I thought it was very much like Larry White's usual test, although that series stumped me.
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby DentonKnight » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:14 am

2012 Lows
Competition/practice
NS: 191/191
GM: 212/150
CS: 176/152
Lit Crit: 75/60
DentonKnight
Random Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:41 am

Guys... I checked to make sure I had all of my tests and things by putting them in a sack... then I forgot the sack.
Failure at its worst.
I hope they mail it back to my school, man they probably think I'm stupid now lol.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby BlasianAsian » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Uh oh. Well, in all cases, they're supposed to give you a disk of the tests, though of course they'll be wiped clean. Oh. Lol. DentonKnight = Denton High School...go figure.
BlasianAsian
Celebrated Spammer

Postby hfscience » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Were the third party tests Hexco?
hfscience
Typical User

Next