[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - UIL Practice Website

UIL Practice Website

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

UIL Practice Website

Postby nsguy1350 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:16 pm

My coach and I were talking about how to build a good team, specifically in NS. My coach came up with an idea, that I think is very possible and would help, but would require some programming and time. He was thinking of having a website where you could go and link to a bunch of pages that are similar to Zetamac, where you practice problems, but you can pick which problems to practice. For example, one exercise might deal with positive integral divisors, while another might deal with a multiplication technique.

I thought about it today, and I think I could even find the time to post small, short instructional videos as well. I could do a video where I show how to do a problem, work out an example, etc. I think that would be a good tool for our UIL program. If I limit the videos to a couple of minutes, then I could do some whenever I get the time, and they would accumulate to the point where I can cover many topics on the NS test (and later Math, Calculator, and even some other events as well, possibly.)

Any advice on how we could carry this out, or if there is a better option? I probably could knock out a big chunk of this during the summer, when I have some free time.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Re: UIL Practice Website

Postby DentonKnight » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:28 pm

2012 Lows
Competition/practice
NS: 191/191
GM: 212/150
CS: 176/152
Lit Crit: 75/60
DentonKnight
Random Spammer

Postby 007math » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:07 pm

One already exists: Dr. Numsen's

It has a Drill Master feature (Java powered) that lets you choose what topic and practice it for Number Sense.
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:12 pm

I don't see it. Plus, I'd like to add to it, so writing my own might be better.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby 007math » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 pm

You have to pay to access it.
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Free is always best, especially for schools with very limited UIL Academics budgets.
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:21 pm

I suspected that there was a fee involved... that #.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff