VIRTUAL STATE QUALIFIERS MEET - RESULTS

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

VIRTUAL STATE QUALIFIERS MEET - RESULTS

Postby gidyup1313 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Here is a link to the results...just so you know, this was the first field test for registration and result entry into the Virtual Tabulator at Project Mustang...we did have a couple of glitches during the final day of result input, mostly due to my programmer trying to make adjustments on the fly since this was our last live chance to test drive the site before next year...as far as late entries, I added a "supplemental results page" to the results folder that included all of the late results...

Our main goal was to provide one last State-Level competition to help prepare you for Austin...I hope we accomplished that goal...we plan to host several Virtual Meets during the year next year...they will serve as a low-cost practice opportunity that you and your team can have without having to leave home...not a replacement for bouncing across our great State on the Yellowhammer in the wee hours on Saturday mornings and actually sitting next to your opponents, but they should serve as a good competitive supplement to help you prepare...I hope you and your teams are able to participate.

My e-mail is cthompson1313@gmail.com and the Project Mustang site is at http://www.virtualchallengemeets.com Feel free to contact me or go to the site...links, results, practice tests added all the time...good luck in Austin...hope to see some of you there...

Chuck Thompson
City View HS

The results:

http://virtualchallengemeets.com/downlo ... et-results
gidyup1313
Typical User

Re: VIRTUAL STATE QUALIFIERS MEET - RESULTS

Postby calcguy1350 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 pm

...links, results, practice tests

Since this one was the last city view virtual meet of the year, could you upload the State Qualifier Tests for the math events?
calcguy1350
Typical User

Re: VIRTUAL STATE QUALIFIERS MEET - RESULTS

Postby gidyup1313 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Well, unfortunately, here's the thing...in a perfect world, all of the UIL coaches across the State would gladly make any and all practice materials available to everyone since the ultimate goal of every UIL coach is to help our best and brightest students achieve and be successful...however, the reality is, for us to put on these Qualifier Meets, we have to hire test writers...not just any test writers, but the best our State has to offer...top-notch, State-Level coaches and other tremendously qualified folks that are assigned the daunting task of emulating, in both depth and difficulty, what they think you will see at each level of the UIL "playoffs"...we compensate these test writers well for their time and abilities and as a result, we have to charge schools to participate in these meets, which in turn entitles them to the tests...we sent out invitations to join us for the RQ and SQ Meets through District and Regional Meet Directors across the entire State and for a very fair price of $30/event or $100/all 10 events, we put on each of these qualifier meets...obviously, it would not be fair to all of the schools that participated and paid their entry fees to then a week later, make all of the tests available for free.

What I would hope all of you do is to encourage your coach next year to allow you and your team to be part of what we are trying to do here...to provide as many competitive practice opportunities throughout the regular season and beyond as possible to not just our local teams, but to as many schools across the State as we can...Virtual meets are by no means a substitute for those sit-next-to-that-guy-that-flips-in 2:20, but they are an inexpensive way for your team to get a couple of serious competitions with great tests in throughout the year without having to give up your Saturday or only get to take part of your team because of Band, SAT or all of those other conflicts and obligations we all have...

I hope all that makes sense...good luck in Austin and we hope to "see" all of you at our Virtual Meets next year.

Chuck Thompson
Project Mustang Virtual Meet Director
City View HS
gidyup1313
Typical User

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff