[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - State Recap

State Recap

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Re: State Recap

Postby SumitG » Thu May 24, 2012 12:26 am

Also good job to everyone. You guys seem pretty dedicated, which is pretty legit.
Hi/Low 2010
You know I'm not even sure anymore...I get distracted from my scores by chocolate =(
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby 007math » Thu May 24, 2012 1:54 am

Hey guys! This is Adeesh Jain here and I wanted to congratulate everyone on their success and hard work! It was nice seeing everyone and I look forward to seeing you all again next year (given that you are not graduating of course). As for the actual competition, I had a 257 in calculator (rough start due to nerves; heck, i missed the surface area of a sphere...) but made it up in math with a 326 placing third. And Ross, congrats on your incredible math score! I'll be expecting a 360 from you within the next three years! Since my teammate does not have an account on this site, I'll post his results too. He got 3rd in science with a 300. It was quite surprising to see that in 5A, the top 3 individuals in science did not get any of the top bio/chem/physics awards.

And of course, a special congrats to Bobby Shen for his domination and selection to the IMO team. I know you'll represent the United States well!

@Wesley: Yeah, I suppose my hypothesis of 330 was incorrect. I really did believe it was going to be 6th.

@Ross: I never got a chance to personally congratulate you at the competition, so here it is. Congrats!

@UIL: Can we get some better lighting at the competition? :P
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Awww man. I really wish I had gotten to know all of these seniors. Now all of you guys are leaving me :'(
If Kevin is that awesome, I missed out on a lot. I missed out on everyone. Feels empty inside when you lose people that.
But that's life, I guess. I'll try to hang on to the juniors and the rest then.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby rcoker7 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks Adeesh! Congrats on 3rd btw! It was nice talking to you so much, and I'm glad you'll be back next year! And btw, at the calculus bowl I'm gonna be back and better than ever! ;D
Region scores
NS: 368
CALC: 308
MATH: 318
SCIENCE: 232(32,96,104)
rcoker7
Determined Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:14 pm

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby FabensMath » Fri May 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Fabens High School, Fabens
District 3-3A, Region 1
2012-3A-Calculator State Champ
FabensMath
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Woah, so how does the contest work, exactly? What level of Calculus is this? If it's free as well... I might want to tell my coach! I think I could find five people, including me, willing to go.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby rcoker7 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Not sure if it's free. It's almost all Cal 1(or Cal AB) I think. There's 3 rounds. the 1st one is pretty easy(mostly precal actually). The top 2 teams from each room get to skip to finals, along with wild cards. The 2nd round is for those who don't skip directly to finals. Finals is much harder, with a lot of conceptual questions. The scoring is based on how fast you do the problems. the 1st 3 teams to get it right get points and if you get it wrong you lose points. That's the basics of it, it's pretty fun
Region scores
NS: 368
CALC: 308
MATH: 318
SCIENCE: 232(32,96,104)
rcoker7
Determined Spammer

Postby 007math » Sat May 26, 2012 12:30 am

Man...that picture to which FabensMath linked...no me gusta.
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Previous

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff