Done

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Done

Postby robertkoepl » Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 pm

First I wanna apologize for not being much of a competitor, just wasnt a good monday or tuesday for me. Not the best way to go out on any terms.
Next i wanna congratulate some people. Congrats Miguel on 3a calc, Ross on his several gold medals, and Wesley on his Number sense. I was happy to hear that yall all did great (I expected nothing less).
I also wanna apologize for not going and meeting any of yall, I wasnt in the mood to after the way things went.
Good luck to everyone on here in the next years, I know youll all do great things throughout your UIL careers and throughout the rest of your lives. Give Bobby a run for his money next year
Oh and thanks to everyone who ever helped me on here, this place is great. Im sure Ill check in next year to see how things are going. with that im out
robertkoepl
Typical User

Re: Done

Postby rcoker7 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:47 pm

It's too bad your graduating before I got to meet you! Well even though you had a bad day, congrats on making it to state! Good luck in college and life in the future!
Region scores
NS: 368
CALC: 308
MATH: 318
SCIENCE: 232(32,96,104)
rcoker7
Determined Spammer

Postby FabensMath » Wed May 23, 2012 10:21 pm

I saw you Robert in one of those study cubicles outside the testing room, i'm just really shy to talk to people in person. I also saw Nick, Adeesh(region and state), Wesley, Ross, Dulles people, Capybara, Darius, jeremy2012, and others, but I only talked to Ross, because like I said, i'm shy. Anyways, Congratulations Robert, making state is an important accomplishment, and good luck with college, enjoy and have fun!
Fabens High School, Fabens
District 3-3A, Region 1
2012-3A-Calculator State Champ
FabensMath
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 pm

You're good man. Everyone has their days. Many already envy you and how well you did.
It was nice having you on the forum, and make sure you visit us again! You're moving on to bigger things.
Tell us how life goes! We'll be waiting! I'm glad to have talked to you. Good luck!
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Jeremy2012x » Wed May 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Congrats everyone! Wesley, I think I saw you before I took the calculator test; I was judging purely on what I remembered your facebook photo looking like but it only clicked as I turned away haha. And I saw you Miguel at the calculator awards ceremony! I told my friend that I knew you, the 3a champ, from this forum.
As for me, answered all on the calculator except for 6 but got a 257. Apparently, I # at reading. Mistook surface area for volume, took an integral instead of finding the area under the curve, read a four where a six was, and did not see the "billion" on the dollar sign problem. It's all good though, because I'm sure all of us had stupid mistakes; my tenth place stands. But I was pretty pumped that Zubair got 1st in 4A! He's kind of been my rival since I started UIL as our schools are literally five minutes away and are huge rivals. We've always got 1st and 2nd at district and regionals. We answered the same number at state but he was almost completely accurate, earning him a 301 (wooooo)

So, college now? I suppose, looking back, I'm really glad I improved this past year. Broke 250 in calculator and science, 200 in math, and 150 in number sense. modest goals, but I suppose not bad for starting at the end of sophomore year? Hope to hear from you guys later in life! (here I'll take the chance to tell you to think of going to UT haha. I'm in the engineering and natural science honors programs so I could meet you guys very easily if you guys join one of those as well.) Good luck next year!
top scores
NS: 164 Regional 2012
CA: 257 State 2012
MA: 222 TMSCA #12 2012
SC: 250 District 1 2012

goals: place 1st-3rd in one of my events at state
Jeremy2012x
Typical User

Postby Zubair_Marediya » Wed May 23, 2012 11:12 pm

Hey Jeremy! I've known about this website for quite some time but I was always too lazy to make an account lol. Let me just introduce myself since I'm new to this forum. I'm Zubair Marediya, a senior from Nederland High School, and I won Calculator this year in 4a. Like all good things, UIL has to come to an end, however this year was really great! Jeremy, I gotta admit that being rivals has made us both better competitors and has made us learn so much in the process. Honestly, I got pretty lazy about Calculator until you came and actually made me work to earn my medals. And it's quite incredible how you picked up so many topics in such a short time with the limited resources in our area. I wish you the best of luck in your future at UT!

As for the others, I don't really quite know you so well, but I will be more than happy to visit this forum starting next UIL season to help out with what I can! Many of you seem quite talented from your scores and the best part is that some of you aren't even seniors! That's incredible! I think I met one of you, Miguel (FabensMath?) when we were taking pictures! If you can recall correctly, I was the kid on your left that was bombarding you with annoying questions! :D

Anyways, congratulations to everyone who won and to those who qualified to Regionals and State, because that in itself is quite an accomplishment. If I had any last words to give, it'd be that in the end, what really matters is not how many medals you've won from UIL, but what you've learned from it. So make the most of it and have fun! :)
2012 4A Calculator State Champ
Zubair_Marediya
Typical User

Postby PokémonMaster » Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Zubair!!! I wanted to tell you congrats for winning state at awards. You looked so excited, jumping around happily and whatnot.If you don't know who I am, I'm Darius Davis from Veterans Memorial (the school that took 4 of the top 6 spots in Calculator), and while I am not on the Calculator team, I know beating you individually was one of their main concerns (the other was, of course maintaining their lead on the rest of 4A). It's nice to see that you did so well, and I wish you luck on your future endeavors. :)
Last edited by PokémonMaster on Tue May 29, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UIL C 2013-14

NS: 298
Calculator: 240
Math: 282
Science: disheartening
PokémonMaster
Incessant Spammer

Postby 007math » Thu May 24, 2012 8:37 pm

@Zubair: Were you the guy in the front that yelled out at calculator verification?
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby Zubair_Marediya » Thu May 24, 2012 9:54 pm

@PokemonMaster Thank you very much! Congrats on your medal for Number Sense and I wish Veterans Memorial good luck next year, though I believe that they won't really need it!

@007math Yes sir I was! There's actually a story behind why I did that. Once my teacher found out our scores, she absolutely refused to tell us. My all time high school goal was to break a 300 and the first question I asked her was whether or not anyone in 4A broke a 300. She lied and said no and as the day progressed, we kept bothering her with questions with which she gave us super vague hints. In the end, she trolled me so well that she had me believing that I did terrible and won nothing! But when I got my test back at verification and saw a 301, screaming like a little girl was the only option! Lol I hope that helps me redeem myself a little bit.
2012 4A Calculator State Champ
Zubair_Marediya
Typical User

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff