[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - So...

So...

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

So...

Postby FabensMath » Wed May 23, 2012 10:37 pm

So...What are your plans for the summer! Work, study, college, vacations far away, bum out? Lolz :p
Fabens High School, Fabens
District 3-3A, Region 1
2012-3A-Calculator State Champ
FabensMath
Incessant Spammer

Re: So...

Postby robertkoepl » Wed May 23, 2012 11:31 pm

just wanted to say that i love the fact that you changed your signature from all your scores to just State Champion
robertkoepl
Typical User

Postby nsguy1350 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:36 am

Umm, no work for me.
I am going to this engineering camp (MITE) in Austin immediately (almost, a few days) after school, for a week.
Then, I'm back home, and I've got several things to do.
I'm gonna study for some UIL next year, mainly Science, maybe some Computer Science, and work on my NS/Math/Calc.
I've got to study for AMC/AIME/etc. as well, using AOPS stuff.
I'm studying for PSAT/SAT/ACT/Whatever I need to take. Gotta get that national merit and a killer SAT next year.
I'm going to take summer classes, one at my local community college, likely four on-line, for a total of five.
I need to learn how to drive.
Umm, and a few other things, I just need to write everything down and make sure I don't forget anything.

So no college (besides that one summer class, which is speech for high school), no vacations, hopefully no bumming out... I need to stir this pot of "revenge-hunger" for next year's State competition. I want to dominate Science next year as well. Also, doing well on the AMC/AIME would be nice.

Anyone else?
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby 007math » Sun May 27, 2012 5:20 am

Hey! I was going to attend that MITE thing in Austin too but then I started getting lazy and it would end the day before the ACT so I opted out.

As for me, I'm planning on watching a movie a day. Going to California for family reasons and to visit colleges (only like a week). Volunteering at Baylor Medical Center at Grapevine. Doing nanotechnology research at UTD.

@nsguy: Have you heard of the real MITE? M.I.T. offers MITES which is a free summer camp; it lasts 6 weeks and is all paid for. I think you can apply next year for it. Sadly, I am not exactly a minority and they only have like 10 seats open for non-minorities which made my chances of getting in slim (I didn't).
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sun May 27, 2012 10:11 am

My summer is going to consist basically of a summer job. Now sure, there will be spots where I will have fun with friends, but I need the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Got my New Student Conference I have to go to for Texas A&M on June 12-13. Don't plan on getting back home until LATE that night on June 13th. That's a couple of days I will have to miss work.
The next Texas Rangers game I am going to is on June 22nd, when the Colorado Rockies come into town.
I don't really have that much planned. College awaits me in a couple of months!
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby murali0298 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:54 am

I am just planning to study for all math/science UIL (excluding CS) and improve my scores in all of them.
I just want to some how beat Bobby Shen in something (I don't know if that is possible but I will try!)...
I am a EDIT: SOPHOMORE (Summer has begun and Freshman year is OVER) and I am human. I don't think anyone can refute that - No Counterarguement!
If they do...well....i don't know if that's going to happen!
murali0298
Determined Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:22 am

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:32 am

Oh yea, and about that MIT summer camp next year; well, I am hoping to attend MIT, so it seems like a good idea. There are just so many good programs available though!
I wanted to do STARS, an internship at UT Southwestern I believe, and that takes up the entire summer, I think. That MIT summer camp looks nice, and takes up a significant portion. There are also a load of other programs that I've heard of but haven't researched yet. I really need to figure out which ones I think would benefit me the most.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby 007math » Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 pm

3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Mon May 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Oh, well I didn't really expect you to go to the movie theater everyday. I've never really been into movies that much, so I can't relate to the one movie a day routine.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby SumitG » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:01 am

I'm blogging about life! Follow me at
Hi/Low 2010
You know I'm not even sure anymore...I get distracted from my scores by chocolate =(
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff