Hello!!!

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Hello!!!

Postby Kylin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 am

Hello ppl....im new here....my name is not Kylin...its Victor actually...this following school year I'll be a freshman...In middle school I was good yet not amazing...in district and regional meets I usually got 1st or 2nd in all four events...However, when It came to State...I only got close in Calculators placing 28th out of 122 in this past year as an 8th grader with a 310....I joined here in hopes to get help so that I can become much better (State-level better...as in to place in State)....and to adapt to High School TMSCA much easier than others....I hope you all can help me achieve this and to guide me through....I really want a tutor via the internet...yet I can't find any....Maybe here I can get some useful help and advice...
Kylin
Typical User

Re: Hello!!!

Postby darksaber21 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:05 am

Well hey! I'm sure that anyone here is willing to help. Just post whatever questions you have and I'm sure someone will be there to help you out.

Just be prepared to work hard if you want to go to state. ;)
Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
MTHS - Class 5A, District VII, Region I
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby PokémonMaster » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:18 am

Hello!!! Welcome to the forum.As you can probably see,it's a little bit... dead right now, but I'm sure that any question you may have will be answered to the best of our abilities. I wish you luck in high school. By the way,where are you going this year?
UIL C 2013-14

NS: 298
Calculator: 240
Math: 282
Science: disheartening
PokémonMaster
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:02 pm

As you can see, State is a whole new monster to deal with. If you practice I have full confidence you can reach State this year (unless... you're in 5A District 23... then, you're going to need some luck as well :D).

Would you mind telling us your school and possibly conference next year? I'm the second one to ask, and it's good knowing where everyone is to see how everything is divided up.

Anyways, nice to meet you Victor, we have Number Sensers, Mathematicians, and Calculators here, so we can answer your questions on those (as well as Science and Computer Science.)
Keep in mind that high school is much different than middle school, at least from what I've heard, since I never did middle school TMSCA. In high school, UIL is your primary focus, although TMSCA still plays a large role before District, Region, and State.

Don't worry about getting a tutor, I'd say. I've never heard of any "UIL-tutors" and I doubt there are any. If you ask questions here, do a lot of research on your own, collaborate with others, and learn the material instead of only learning mindless tricks (be wary of that in Number Sense, especially), you should be pretty well off. Good luck!

And also, doing... this... throughout the whole... post makes it a bit hard to read, so if you could switch that, it would be appreciated (Sorry.)
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Howdy!

I have experience in Number Sense, Calculator Applications, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics. At one time, I did Current Issues & Events, but I dropped that because it usually interfered with Number Sense. My specialty is Science and Math. I don't log in as much as I used to [because my UIL Academics career is over], but if I can help with any of your questions, then I may respond back to any future posts you create.

-Christopher Huff
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby Kylin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 am

Oh well thanks guys and umm I'm going to Palmview High School, way south in Texas of course....Not many people from south texas are as great as I am in TMSCA (sorry if I sound cocky...but its true!)....Yet Im sure I need to be near perfect to achieve what I want.....
Kylin
Typical User

Postby PokémonMaster » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 am

That's in La Joya ISD,right? I go to Mission Veterans,not too far from you. Palmview is 4A,correct?

EDIT: I am aware,though, that Palmview is its own separate town. :P
UIL C 2013-14

NS: 298
Calculator: 240
Math: 282
Science: disheartening
PokémonMaster
Incessant Spammer

Postby Kylin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Oh umm no....LJ ISD is 5A.....really hard but yeah...
Kylin
Typical User

Postby nsguy1350 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:07 pm

5A, I see. I'm 5A too, and a good number of other people on here are 5A as well. See you next year!
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff