[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - O...M...GGGGGGGGG!

O...M...GGGGGGGGG!

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

O...M...GGGGGGGGG!

Postby 101dalmatians » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:01 pm

OMG. 1A schools really need some tutoring in UIL.
I mean the guys at region can't score above a 75 at regional Science!
Thats just sad :'(
The plight of those schools is unimaginable... I just don't get it at all.
I mean the people on the forum worry about getting 300s on NS or 200s on calculator saying that is a bad score.
But look guys - look... These 1A/2A schools really need to improve...
I mean SEM would probably have been a 1A school but that would definitely have made me not even do UIL... No inspiration 4 high scores... Ugh! And I would get a 75 in science and make it to state. Really?
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Re: O...M...GGGGGGGGG!

Postby 007math » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:35 pm

You do realize you are comparing SEM, one of the best high schools in the nation, to much smaller and poorer ones? One of the main reasons for this classification system was to equalize the playing field so schools with a lot of resources don't have to compete with those that don't. At the same time though, I've seen a few 1A/2A scores pretty high because of the student's own ambition. It's probably more fair to say that we have it easier because of the multitude of resources larger schools have.
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby 101dalmatians » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm

I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 pm

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby le cool cat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 am

food for thought: 5 people broke 200 at state last year, 3 5A kids, 1 4A kid, and 1 2A kid.
2012 State Champion in Computer Science (4A)
2013 State Qualifier in Science (4A, results pending)
A:318 (96/120/102)
B: 298 (76/120/102)
D1: 328 (88/120/120)
R: 270 (90/112/68)
S: 360
le cool cat
Typical User

Postby le cool cat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 am

for compsci
2012 State Champion in Computer Science (4A)
2013 State Qualifier in Science (4A, results pending)
A:318 (96/120/102)
B: 298 (76/120/102)
D1: 328 (88/120/120)
R: 270 (90/112/68)
S: 360
le cool cat
Typical User

Postby 101dalmatians » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 am

it was not a comparison of SEM and 1A schools... It was more of a 1A to 5A comparison...
But yeah i get it...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby 8055 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 am

The "bad" UIL people include me - so please... I mean Im kinda havin some goals but its really tough...
I mean Waxahachie HS does UIL, is 4A as I had learned before, but we are not as good as the other HSs...
Every high school, I think, has its own little improvement to do in their respective groups...
Humility is the secret to success
Typical User

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff