[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - 2008 Realignments...

2008 Realignments...

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

2008 Realignments...

Postby MistaPotta » Mon May 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Everyone knows football drives UIL. I'm assuming you've heard about the UIL's

Carl Padilla, who works for Texas Football Magazine recently posted a for this plan for 4A and 5A. Of course, any alignment that affects football will eventually affect us all.

So, any ideas on next year's realignment?

~MP
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby StephenWong » Mon May 07, 2007 6:38 pm

i really hope crowley gets aligned with the bottom 7 districts in this state because i dont wanna work to beat people :D.

however, i dont think that they will realign the districts for 07-08 year because my teacher said it realigns every 2 years, and this year was the year of change
07-08 HI/LO
Calculator-237/164 (227,206,206,220,205,164,221,219,237,228)
Mathematics-214/128 (164,128,162,162,200,164,214,142,182)
NumberSense-206/85(206,105,182,155,99,127,147,112,85)
Science- 108/40(40,44,90,58,48,108)

Next meet: Never. :'(
StephenWong
Determined Spammer

Location: UT-Austin, like every other kid who didn't get into Ivy League :(

Postby aalindsey100 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:42 pm

The rumor was that we were going to be bumped up to 5A... If that happens we will be crushed in everything lol... We are so not ready for 5A... Math team might be able to survive... These next couple years will be a peak for the Azle math and science program again... We have some really young kids who are good and some returning veterans hopefully that shouldve never quit in the first place... I really dont think we are quite large enough to be considered 5A yet, hopefully not anyways... I think there will be some schools that are bumped up to 5A in our area... I dont know about Saginaw... they just returned to 4A... They have a brand new school but even if they dont get bumped they are only a threat in football, in theater, in choir, in dance, and in band... I think that Springtown will be moved up to 4A before long and that isnt too bad... And I dont know about the other schools... I only know what goes on around here lol... That would be horrible after changing regions and districts this year...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby saeben » Sun May 20, 2007 12:17 am

MistaPotta,

The way gas is going, I doubt seriously that the Super 6A division will be developed. In La Joya's case, the 8 district schools are within a 30 mile radius. If we were aligned with the big schools (and currently we are at about 6000), we would have a lot of traveling to do. I heard we might be placed with Corpus Christi, Laredo, Victoria and possibly San Antonio!!!! It would be absolutely ridiculous to have to travel that much.

Perhaps I shouldn' t worry about this. La Joya will be splitting into three high schools for the 08-09 school year. Right now, La Joya has two 9th/10th grade campuses and one 11th/12th. We compete as one high school only. In 08-09, each of the three campuses will be its own high school competing against each other. The two new ones will be 4A and La Joya HS will remain 5A, at least those are the plans right now.

In any case, next year 07-08 we will remain with the same alignment as this year.
saeben
Typical User

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff