[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - How did TMSCA #1 go for you?

How did TMSCA #1 go for you?

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

How did TMSCA #1 go for you?

Postby Celsion » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:48 pm

I went to Azle and got:
(attempted/wrong)
Number Sense: 123 (48/13) (personal best, wow cracked 100 for the first time)
Calculator: 213 (65/16) (personal best, cracked 200 for the first time)
Math: 142 (29/4) (if you were in my room, could you hear my stomach growling? lol)
Science: 72 (36/18) (Even though the score is low, I'm actually happy with the score because I thought it would be lower.)
Biology: 20 (18/11) (No idea whatsoever.)
Chemistry: 48 (16/6) (I was actually surprised by the result.)
Physics: 4 (2/1) (Had no idea whatsoever.)

I was actually happy with my scores, except math.
Last edited by Celsion on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby Zac without an H » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:59 pm

NS - 153 (I was disappointed with my score, but the test was sort of tough)
Calc - 105 (First time ever taking a calculator test, haha)
Math - N/A yet (I'm guessing around 150)
Sci. - bombed it (guessed too much, forgot too much biology, made careless mistakes on Chem.)

I got pretty excited because all morning long I hadn't seen Stuart Pernsteiner (1st in Computer Apps and 5th in Math at 3A state last year), and I was thinking I had a decent chance of bringing home 1st in Math, then the second I walked into the Math room he was sitting in there grinning from ear to ear. I seriously think his school keeps him locked in a safe until it's time for him to compete.
Zac without an H
Random Spammer

Postby collegebookworm » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:02 am

UIL Azle, too:

Science: 164 (pretty poor, but then again, I never liked TMSCA biology)
Bio: 24 (and that with me in the AP class)
Chemistry: 58 (getting better, though still last year's AP science)
Physics: 82 (I think I got smarter as I progressed through the test ...see the trend?)

Math: 270-something (about my score at State)
Computer Science: 170-something (much better than region)
Calculator: 185 (it'll probably be my best score all year)
Number Sense: 124 (hey! I broke 100! pretty pitiful, I know)
(NS/CA/MA/CS/SC) "**" indicates TMSCA State
08 HI(LO): 142?-**(88-D2)/224-D2(17x-**)/320-D2(202-**)/248?-D2(206-**)/210-D2(17x-NovA+?)
08 D2: 88/224/320/210/248

Next meet: Texas Tech (Region, 4/11-12)
collegebookworm
Determined Spammer

Postby Celsion » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:39 am

Last edited by Celsion on Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby collegebookworm » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:36 pm

Yes, 'twas the highest on our team, but still, not that great.

You did great, yourself, Khang. Just remember, you have another year to do this. I only have this last year.
08 HI(LO): 142?-**(88-D2)/224-D2(17x-**)/320-D2(202-**)/248?-D2(206-**)/210-D2(17x-NovA+?)

collegebookworm
Determined Spammer

Postby Celsion » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:55 pm

Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby Zac without an H » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:08 pm

I'm taking my first year of Physics right now, and I answered the first four questions in the section without any difficulty. Well, at least I worked them out how I thought they should be worked out and my answer was one of the answer choices... can't say for sure whether or not I was right. And I'm pretty sure I got the last one in the section right as well (the history question), meaning I probably scored a 30 on the physics, but I won't see my test breakdown until Monday.

But man, I can't wait to get my Number Sense test back so I can ask some questions. This was the first test in months that I haven't gotten past at least problem 40. I don't know if I was just off or if it was a really slow test. I think the second or third question alone took me 30 or 40 seconds. :( I saw that you went 48/13, Celsion, which at least means you were moving through it faster than me (36/3).
Zac without an H
Random Spammer

Postby Celsion » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:23 pm

Last edited by Celsion on Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby collegebookworm » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:23 pm

No AP class, just Pre-AP class with AP test my Sophomore year. Doing an independent study in a class makes it stick in your brain so much longer after you finish the course. And, having the school's best physics teacher, who has a doctorate, for Pre-AP helps too.

collegebookworm
Determined Spammer

Postby Celsion » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:26 pm

Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby hunnyboy173 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:14 pm

do you guys know how many students exactly showed up though? sorry, i'm just currious.
2008-2009 UIL Number Sense, Mathematics, Calculator Application, Science and Computer Science, here I come!
hunnyboy173
Typical User

Postby Celsion » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:16 pm

Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Anybody happen to know Coronado's top scores/top scorers/team score in Calculator over at the Azle meet?
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby Celsion » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:28 pm

Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby Zac without an H » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:22 pm

So what's the deal on discussing the content of TMSCA tests? Aren't you supposed to wait until they've been out for a full week or something, or have I been misinformed?

I'm just wondering because I have questions to ask...
Zac without an H
Random Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:47 pm

I was under the impression that discussion was only delayed for UIL tests, because they have windows of testing times, so discussion could lead to unfair advantages, while TMSCA tests were single-day releases and thus could be discussed after the Saturday meets using them were over.

If I'm wrong, err, oops?
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby Zac without an H » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:04 pm

Actually, I was thinking the same thing, and my coach thought the same thing at first as well, but then as an afterthought she told me she had heard something about a one-week window and that I should wait a while. Oh well, I'll probably post up some questions later. Thanks.
Zac without an H
Random Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff