[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Those weird number classifications

Those weird number classifications

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Those weird number classifications

Postby Quelloquialism » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:14 pm

I'm stressed, I have lots of work to do, so as usual, rather than working, I decided to do some programming.

This time, I decided to make a program that dumps a huge load of output about the integers 1 through 100,000. The program generates a 5 MB text file which contains five things regarding each number: deficient/abundant/perfect, happy/unhappy, prime/not prime, lucky/unlucky, and frugal/equidigital/wasteful.

So, maybe this'll help me remember these little things. And maybe it'll help somebody else, too?

But anyway, there are a couple ways you can help me, if you like. The first way is, of course, to tell me if I'm leaving a classification of numbers out that I should include. The second is to download the list and make sure there aren't any gigantic errors in the list that change everything.

The list, compressed by WinZip from its former 5 MB glory to something like 320 KB, is available . If anybody wants the Java source of the program itself, just ask me...I don't guarantee any readability for the code, though. And it's crazy-slow (my computer took 26 seconds with a bound of 100,000, probably because nothing is optimized except the prime sieve).

Edit: The lucky/unlucky classification is completely wrong. I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff