[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Winter League is back

Winter League is back

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Winter League is back

Postby mathslug » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:40 am

Everyone that wants to be in the NS winter league please email me youre name, school size, and grade level. I'll build a leaderboard, and as soon as I make a test, I'll post it on the nspirate site. I wont have the test until Friday, I think. But yeah, anyone that wants in, send an email to crazyuilkid@gmail.com .
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Re: Winter League is back

Postby Quelloquialism » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:08 am

Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby mathslug » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:51 pm

A Number Sense designed to keep Number Sense guys in practice over the holidays. I'll post a test twice a week until I can't do so anymore do to school work when school begins again (Should be right before UIL A on Jan 13th). The tests are student produced, and the contest is just for the fun of it. Competitors print up the tests I post on my Xanga (I'll give it out once I modify it some), they take it, grade it, and report scores to me. I keep a leaderboard that I also post on my Xanga. Its pretty fun, and it doesnt require too much effort. Its just a good way to keep tabs with your fellow NS competitors. So yeah, thats about it.

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby mathslug » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:51 pm

All right everyone! The first test has been posted. Everybody quickly click your way over to http://nspirate.tripod.com/ and check it out for yourselves. Take the test and send me your results! I've got a leaderboard, and I'm not afraid to post it!

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:14 pm

Hey, I was just looking at the website and such...kind of surprising, I recognize a couple of the names on the Summer League standings from a completely different place (if I'm not terribly mistaken, both "SharpObject" and "Penguincode" have participated in the # programming contest, TopCoder).

I think I'll give this a go, even though Number Sense is by far my weakest event of all five.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby mathslug » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:42 pm

Cool, you know Robby and Micheal then. I've always wanted to do TopCoder, but I've never given in a shot because I don't have the time, and fankly, I dont think I'm good enough to program like that. I can solve UIL problems and the first few USACO training problems, but my gosh, you guys are crazy!

Haha, I'll put your name on the new leaderboard. I just fixed the test page, so y'all should be able to start taking the test immediately. Its a doozie. I scored lower than I have all year long on this one - 135, so yeah, people that dont do as well shouldnt feel bad. This one is a tough one.

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:12 pm

Not really "know" them so much as "are familiar with their handles and the fact that they are better than me"...yeah, I'm not that good at TopCoder (I've done 18 matches, 8 of which were TopCoder Algorithm Division 1 matches...of those 8, I've gotten 0 points three times already--proof of my programming ineptitude). UIL's much easier, I think.

And yeah, I've submitted my score to you on the first test by email now.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby MichaelGummelt » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:49 pm

Quelloquialism, I think I've seen you post on the Topcoder forums (I'm penguincode). Are you going to do the tournament in February?
MichaelGummelt
Random Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:02 pm

Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby MichaelGummelt » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:13 pm

Well, if they keep the same quotas, everyone may make the 2nd round. Before, they said something like 800 advance to round 2 from EACH region. Seeing as how right now there's only about 700 active high schoolers, I think you'll be safe. But they may cut down on the numbers. We should have a team qualify, and theres only like 2 in the country so I like our odds. The other one is TJHSST (super-human math/science) so we probably won't win it or anything. They have like 20 active coders, and we have the minimum 3. I had to convince the other two to wake up at 4:30 AM last monday so we could have another team appearance to make the necessary 4. Good luck!
MichaelGummelt
Random Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:37 am

Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff