[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - For All Those Always-Forgotten 3-A Schools

For All Those Always-Forgotten 3-A Schools

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

For All Those Always-Forgotten 3-A Schools

Postby FollowYourDreams » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi everyone, Im Jesus from Fabens High...
I posted this topic because as i can see, nobody cares about the 3-A schools. I know we are small districts, but we also put effort into UIL...
Hope that we can establish a good network through out the entire state...
"Effort is the super-power of mind that can transform a FICTION into a REALITY!!!'' Mr. J.O.
FollowYourDreams
Typical User

Re: For All Those Always-Forgotten 3-A Schools

Postby Zac without an H » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:10 pm

If there's any lack of care about the 3A and smaller schools, it's only due to lack of participation by those students; it's not like this website is trying to exclude anyone. I'm from a 3A school, and while I don't really run into a whole lot of fellow 3A'ers here, I've never had a problem talking to or asking for advice from the 5A kids. True, the results page is probably more focused on larger schools, but that's only because the smaller schools never send in their results.

Good luck at district, man. And if you want to talk 3A, I'm your man. Speaking of which, mad props to Nick Robertson for getting 1st at TMSCA state today.
Zac without an H
Random Spammer

Postby FollowYourDreams » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:39 pm

Zac, i appreciate you response, but well... its not the lack of interest in competition, its that since we are part of smaller school districts, most people think that we arent interested in UIL..
I hope the best for you man... good luck in district...
Im ganna start posting the results for the 3A schools soon...
"Effort is the super-power of mind that can transform a FICTION into a REALITY!!!'' Mr. J.O.
FollowYourDreams
Typical User

Postby slanders09 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:43 pm

If you think that's bad, try being from a 1A or 2A school where no one cares about UIL. Granted, there are schools that put just as much emphasis on UIL as do 5A, however, when you're in 5A you don't participate in a million things, you do one thing and you do it well. That is why the 5A schools are able to post amazing scores and the people who participate in their UIL programs are truely the best of the best, they have to be. But like zac said, if you want to talk small school UIL, i'm from a 2A school with coaches who couldn't care less and i have friends at 1A schools who are just as smart as the people on this forum. So, with that being said, are the smaller schools forgotten? No. If you want to show the big schools that you're smart, just put in the time and dedication that they do and # them away at state UIL! lol, thats why i'm kinda glad that i go to a small school, i can compete with the competition down here...mad props to the small school!!!...=)
-Scott
slanders09
Random Spammer

Postby Englandude » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:07 pm

I go to a 3A school... and i do care about UIL. i just didn't think that there were that many 3A competitors on this forum, so i never post any results. but i really do care about UIL. otherwise i wouldn't be on this forum, which has helped me out a lot
Englandude
Incessant Spammer

Postby slanders09 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:48 pm

yeah, i never got to ask you, how did Atlanta end up scoring/placing at State?
-Scott
slanders09
Random Spammer

Postby Englandude » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:12 am

Atlanta as a whole got 7th... # huh. lol. i tied for 4th in numbersense, Ksenia got 4th in calc, and one of our freshmen got 6th in science. we only had 3 trophy winners. lmao. how did u do?? i saw you with like 92836482734 trophies. lol
Englandude
Incessant Spammer

Postby slanders09 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:30 pm

lol...i guess i fared pretty well, for my first time to go to State. I was 6th in NS, 3rd in MA, 2nd in SC and 1st in CA (highest score in 2A...woot woot!) I ended up getting topgun junior. I just hope i can carry it all the way through Austin and not screw up and hope i can repeat next year at San Antonio when there's money involved...lol. It would have been nice to have a team there though.
-Scott
slanders09
Random Spammer

Postby Englandude » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:01 pm

awesome job dude! im sure you'll tear it up at UIL state. what were ur scores at TMSCA?
Englandude
Incessant Spammer

Postby FollowYourDreams » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:28 pm

Well... as you all can see.. the small school districts can also be good at UIL.. we do care about this stuff as much as the rest of the 4 or 5 A schools...
Keep up the good work guys...
Who is in 1, 2, 3 or 4- 3A school districts??.. Im in 1-3A i go to Fabens High..
If you are from Clint, Tornillo of Anthony High, dont even bother or DARE to go to the number sense competition... I am taking it home..
FollowYourDreams
Typical User

Postby jscherm » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:03 am

I get the feeling that this issue is getting heated beyond what's necessary on this thread and others. Seriously? The vast majority of UIL participants - ESPECIALLY those on this forum - are extremely helpful and supportive when it comes to the academic pursuits of others without regard to school size classification.
This isn't 3A vs. 5A. If the discussions were more geared to how to help smaller schools improve their programs, or how to help bigger schools recruit members from a seemingly uncaring student body, this would be productive and worthwhile; inciting division is not.
jscherm
Typical User

Postby Celsion » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:55 am

:)
Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby FollowYourDreams » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:06 pm

FollowYourDreams
Typical User

Postby Celsion » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:31 pm

:)
Celsion
Incessant Spammer

Postby polymath25 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:07 pm

So i'm also from a 3A school (Wimberley) and in my time on this forum, i have noticed that sometimes there are things in conversations that i can't really relate to. But that doesn't mean that i have ever felt excluded, directly or indirectly, from the majority of topics and I have never once felt that i was ever being treated as inferior. I'm glad there are people here from smaller schools that care and are encouraging others from 1-3A schools to talk more often, but as far as this whole subject goes, i think the need for discussion or debate is pretty much over.
polymath25
Random Spammer

Postby slanders09 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:23 am

-Scott
slanders09
Random Spammer

Postby Englandude » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Englandude
Incessant Spammer

Postby ZachB » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:21 pm

Come on, Nitesh, surely you alone can demolish all those schmucks at Spring Hill this year. I mean, they lost those two incredibly amazing dudes who pwned 3A in NS last year.
ZachB
Determined Spammer

Postby Englandude » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:08 pm

Englandude
Incessant Spammer

Postby Zac without an H » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Yeah, I have similar goals for NS and Math, but I have a feeling it'll be more like 170-200 in NS, 150-180 Math, 150-210 Science.

I hope to see you at state NS, Nitesh. Or perhaps... cross paths with you somewhere between state science (for me) and NS (for you), haha. Luckily I have a weak district and region as far as NS is concerned, so I've made it a personal goal just to make it to state in NS, which isn't bad considering this is my first year of taking it seriously (as in, taking at least two practice tests in the eight weeks leading up to district, which helps).

By the way, my friend was telling a Zach Barnhart tale today about how you came up to Gary at state science and told him you had read six biology textbooks and were going to beat him at Bio, haha.
Zac without an H
Random Spammer

Postby ZachB » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:29 pm

haha indeed. His retort to my, umm challenge, was to beat me by about 170 points at State, but the joke's really on him, because I'm smart enough to not waste my time studying science when I was in the division as Gary Binder (and Argyle, for that matter). So I happily took my beating in science along with getting first in other events. But then again, I think he got a free ride to Caltech (or something like that), so maybe he came out ahead in the long run...
ZachB
Determined Spammer

Postby slanders09 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:09 am

-Scott
slanders09
Random Spammer

Postby shrig94 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:33 pm

hey, I'm going to be a freshmen next year at hitachi. We plan on going to state and dealing some damage.
I've been practicing and I'm about 200-300 on ns, 120-180 on math, and 140-170 in ca. I'm going to try and dish some damage across the board this season and focus on NS, as I think I have the best chances there. I was 2nd in both math and ns in 4a, but I think I'm better on hs tests since I practiced those more often.

Good luck 3-A and other division teams for this next season,
Shri
NS-355
M-348
CA-274
S-136
CS-160
Shri, AAA, Hirschi
shrig94
Incessant Spammer

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff