Old tests

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

Old tests

Postby bradp » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:50 pm

MistaPotta, where did you get all the tests from the 60s and 70s? Some of those tests are pretty interesting. As I was perusing the different NS eras, I noticed a few tests in the 1981-82 series had only 70 problems. They also have less trick/shortcut type problems and more basic arithmetic/math, no shortcuts just quickness.
Just thought I'd say something.
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby MistaPotta » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:07 am

They are quite interesting.

I was blessed in attending John Jay, which has Van Chapman as the coach during the seventies and eighties. Although I never had him as a coach, he kept a great stock of tests since he was teaching. Some were only 70 problems, and on some the starred problems are not every tenth, but just scattered around. Also, if you can't answer a problem on some tests, you won't be able to answer the next three or four, since they depend on prior answers. Some are even on legal sized paper (the ones that are reduced).

Unfortunately, I wasn't interested in competing in Calculator in my heyday, and they started the mathematics contest the year after I graduated, so I never got a chance to take that as a student.
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff