[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - USAMO/TAKS/UIL Conflict in 2008

USAMO/TAKS/UIL Conflict in 2008

Important site-wide announcements will be put here.

USAMO/TAKS/UIL Conflict in 2008

Postby MistaPotta » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:18 pm

TEA of the TAKS test to April 29 through May 2, causing conflicts with the and When I brought this to my principal's attention, he asked me what contingency plans other schools have for this situation.

I know it's presumptuous to assume I'll have any USAMO qualifiers or UIL State Meet qualifiers, but it'd be irresponsible of me to not at least know what will happen if such an event occurs. What are you and your schools doing for this?

Thanks,
Tony David Potter
Sandra Day O'Connor HS.
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby stupidityismygam » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Well, USAMO is from 12 to 4:30, so as long as all of the qualifiers finish the TAKS soon enough, they should still be able to take it (get a pass to leave early, if necessary).

As for UIL State, I'm sure that the directors will make revisions for the date as they did this year for UIL region.
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby MistaPotta » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:13 pm

It was from 11:30 to 4:00 in 2007. Our school starts at 9:05, and won't let students leave the classroom until everyone (or at least enough to move to "overflow", i.e., less than thirty students) on campus is finished (for "test security reasons") Meaning I have to wait until most everyone on campus is done to start administering. Last year we held students until 4:05 (our dismissal time) on both days.

~MP
MistaPotta

Postby stupidityismygam » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:43 pm

stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:06 pm

This is the first I've heard of the scenario, hopefully it'll be sorted out. Worst-case scenario, just skip TAKS. Graduation is secondary to academic excellence. =)

Seriously, though, hasn't the TAKS test already posed enough adversity to education...? -_-

I imagine if TEA doesn't budge, UIL would have to, since UIL is entirely Texas-based...but USAMO probably can't respond to every little conflict, or the test would never take place.

Are there any precedents to examine that could shed light on what can be done in the event of such a conflict? I can't imagine that this is the first time something like this has happened.
Last edited by Quelloquialism on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby bradp » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:17 am

UIL teams should be all seniors then.. or at least 3 seniors.

I must admit that, as a senior, i am looking forward to not coming to school on TAKS days until 11:00. This TAKS/UIL state conflict is upsetting though. instead of 4 full days of coming in late for TAKS plus getting 2 days off for uil state, they are now combined into a lesser amount of time off. oh well.. i guess i need to make it to state first before i worry.
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby gemini9525 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:28 pm

we need our juniors! is it possible at all for these set dates to change?
gemini9525
Typical User

Postby MistaPotta » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:17 pm

See this site to get your school to change their TAKS date for Social Studies, so that it doesn't conflict with UIL State:

MistaPotta

Postby AuSmith » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:30 pm

AuSmith
Grizzled Old Veteran

Postby Michael T » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:17 am

If it doesn't get resolved, and I make state (aka i don't choke at regions again), I imagine i'll just skip. If you're absent for TAKS, they just make you do a makeup at some random date so you can't skip it again.
Michael T
Incessant Spammer

Postby MistaPotta » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:49 pm

FYI, TEA just of the English TAKS due to conflict with the Primaries elections. This might be a wonderful time to discuss with your principal about changing the date of the Social Studies Exit TAKS to Monday, April 29.

~MP
MistaPotta

Re: USAMO/TAKS/UIL Conflict in 2008

Postby klebian » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:43 pm

woo averted 1/3 of this conflict
klebian
Determined Spammer

Re: USAMO/TAKS/UIL Conflict in 2008

Postby MistaPotta » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:37 pm

I don't think I need this page anymore.
Irrelevant since 2007.
MistaPotta

Re:

Postby shrig94 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:06 pm

NS-355
M-348
CA-274
S-136
CS-160
Shri, AAA, Hirschi
shrig94
Incessant Spammer

Return to Announcements