Ways to practice math

A place to pad your postcount stats, should you feel the urge to.

Ways to practice math

Postby Itryatmath » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Hey everyone, i am kind of new to UIL, but i just made region with my team, and i really want to do well at region in math.
Can anyone tell me how to prepare so that my score can increase by a lot before region?
I am a freshman, and my scores are about average :/

Thanks you guys!
Itryatmath
Typical User

Re: Ways to practice math

Postby datnguyen160 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 am

I guess you just have to practice a lot, and if you have questions about any particular problem, just ask people here (in the appropriate forum, of course). I'm sure there's a lot of math freaks that will be glad to help you.
Just like that, I'm done with UIL :(
datnguyen160
Random Spammer

Postby sinkokuyou » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 am

if u r talking about 200-, then u r either not talented enogh, or u r just having a bad day, or u r not knowledgable to do the test... so go read textbooks
if u r talking about 230-270, then all u have to do is just learn how to do every problem, so when u r in Region, u don't have to just sit there thinking of the ways to do it, bcs u won't finish the test if u do that... and skip the hard problems, do the easy problems first...
if u r talking about 280-330, then u have to be fast at doing all those problems... think about how good ppl would do the test...
if u r talking about getting close to perfect, u have to be careful about every bit of detail in the question, and catch the keywords...
sinkokuyou
Incessant Spammer

Postby Itryatmath » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Thanks! that helped a lot.

So since im aiming for the 230-270 range, should I just sit down with a bunch of tests and learn all the problems? And if i do not know one, is the best thing to do google it?

thanks again sink
Itryatmath
Typical User

Postby sinkokuyou » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 pm

I won't say "a bunch of tests", bcs u r just aiming for around 250, so I would say, do one test per day would be fine, and since ur score is lower than that right now, so u'll have alot of problems that u don't know, and spend some time on searching ways to do it...
and *cough* my name is Guoyang, not "sink"... LOL
sinkokuyou
Incessant Spammer

Postby Itryatmath » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Oh sorry Guoyang.
Are there enough tests to do one a day? I have tests, but i have done all most all of them. I amd going to try to google everything I dont know. Thanks
Itryatmath
Typical User

Return to Pump My Stats