[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Where is everyone here going to college?

Where is everyone here going to college?

A place to pad your postcount stats, should you feel the urge to.

Where is everyone here going to college?

Postby mathslug » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:04 pm

I was just wondering which schools the seniors on this forum will be attending next year. I'm pretty much set on attending Vassar (used to be an all girls school, but now they're letting in guys like myself) this upcoming year, but there's still a small chance that Duke will bump me into their school through the waitlist. So yeah, where are you all going to school?

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:10 pm

College is for nerds. I'm going straight to work at McDonald's.

(I'm a junior. =D But I have my eye on any of UC Berkeley, MIT, Caltech, Stanford, or Carnegie-Mellon--all mathy and/or CS-y, though most will likely reject me)
Last edited by Quelloquialism on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:52 pm

Somewhere in TX more than likely... kinda want to go to A&M. It seems like that is the trend at my school... I hardly know anyone that has went out of TX... I might apply other places but I really dont think I want to go out of state... I want to be close to my family... it's important to me...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:25 am

Caltech. I'm going to visit there later this month, because I realized that, other than my entire life occurring during this month, I have nothing to do. :D

So I fly that weekend to Caltech, the next weekend to TCEA state, and the next weekend to UIL State (hopefully). It's going to be fun. :D

What do you all plan on majoring in? Physics here.
Kurt
Incessant Spammer

Postby Michael T » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:43 pm

Caltech or Harvey Mudd (One of the Clairmont schools). then again, I'm only a soph, so I've got a ways to go.

I'm attending EPGY this summer, though, so I'll get a chance to visit.

Probably majoring in math/physics.
Michael T
Incessant Spammer

Postby ZachB » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:12 pm

I am going to the University of North Texas. For a while I considered Texas A&M and UT, but they're too traditional and liberal, respectively.
ZachB
Determined Spammer

Postby zefuri » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:15 pm

lol too liberal
zefuri
Incessant Spammer

Postby ZachB » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:21 pm

Well, actually its too expensive, and Austin is too difficult of a town to live in for me. The cost of living is really high. I lived there for three weeks when I was younger and it really wasn't enjoyable at all. I would choose A&M before I would choose UT, although I will admit UT probably has the best Science programs in the south.
ZachB
Determined Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:08 pm

My problem with UT is not it's location... it is its size... it is gihugeous lol... it really is a big college... It does have really good science programs but if you want to do an ag based science or go into veterinary studies at all I would say if you wanted to stay in TX to go with A&M considering it does have a vet school... ZachB are you going to be a music major? UNT has a wonderful music program... Alot of kids from our choir are going to go to UNT to be music majors... Im personally want to go to A&M in order to major in entomology... Im not sure if thats what I want to major in but I think it is... I love insects!!! lol... I might major in a biological science of some sort though...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:16 pm

UT is too big!

I'm going to Tulane. I'm majoring in Biochemistry, minoring in pimpin it on Bourbon Street.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Return to Pump My Stats