[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Um...

Um...

A place to pad your postcount stats, should you feel the urge to.

Re: Um...

Postby aalindsey100 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Im going to Texas A&M... =D... lol... Im excited... but sorta sad too b/c it is four hours away and that means I dont get to see Kendall very often lol... People say not to go to college with a boyfriend... but I figured I might try it... and if it doesnt work out... then well there isnt much more to say. But if it does... that is great! lol... Yeah work and fun, work and fun... I hate my english teacher... she is a pop culture junky... and she seems like she is going to be the english teacher from hell lol... but u know... aside from that... the work is all good... and so is the fun! Well, adios... Ive got some stuff to do.
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby ZachB » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:34 pm

Those people are most correct. From personal experience and other anecdotal evidence, I can attest that going to college with/for a boyfriend/girlfriend is generally a bad scenario, but I suppose it could work out for some lucky individuals. Methinks the wonderful people on this forum are well-adjusted enough to make anything work with enough will-power, but the problem is that two well-adjusted individuals are required to make the transition from one stage of life to another while holding together a relationship. So, if you both welcome novelty in your everyday experience, then you could do very well. If that is not the case, you may find difficulties. It must be noted, however, that fate is an abstraction, so all one can do is what they feel is right at any given instant. To act otherwise takes away from the thrill of the human experience. Best wishes.
ZachB
Determined Spammer

Postby Englandude » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Englandude
Incessant Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:42 am

You guys are gonna scare her out of here lol. That was pretty deep Zach. I guess I've known a few couples who went to college together, some are still working out, others aren't. I have one really bad story about that from a guy who graduated a year before me. Ultimately I think it's only the business of the members of the couple to think about that. They know what feelings are there, they know the maturity level of the relationship, and they should be able to contemplate the consequences if it didn't work out. I think, obviously don't go to a school you don't want to just because your girlfriend/boyfriend is going there. But if you both like the same place, and you like each other, there's no harm.

I say we move this conversation to a more mundane topic... the weather. Yeah, it really # in case you guys haven't noticed. I'm not a native Texan, so I'm not liking this thing where it's still in the 80s at night. Oh and I really don't want to mow the lawn. Don't you guys hate that? Mowing the lawn in ridiculous heat is probably my least favorite thing in the world. I mean, you're sweating, grass and dirt is flying all over the place and possibly sticking to you, the allergies start up, you have to duck under a tree branch or two. Yeah, I don't like it.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:57 pm

Im very well aware of what happens to most couples when one goes to college and the other one is not there... One of my friends went through a messy break-up this year after a 4 year relationship b/c she was still in high school and he was at college... All I can say is that I hope it will work out... I want it too... I mean this guy was first my best friend and then we started to date... and at first we werent even going to date b/c we didnt want it to be too complicated... but lol... we decided that we just liked each other more than that... lol... but yeah... so I hope that we can stay together... lol... but yeah... I understand that not many relationships withstand the transition from high school to college... it is of course a whole different ball game when you get to college...

The weather... I kinda like Texas weather... it is a little hot... but it is perfect for camping... hiking... all hot and sweaty then stopping to take a quick dip in the stream or lake... yeah... I cant wait haha... I love to camp... =D... I think that is when Im the happiest haha... and it makes for good family bonding time... I cant wait for midnight fishing trips, getting dirty playing on the little kids playground, sitting around a fire making smores, good, stick-to-your-ribs, greasy, plain cooking, taking those walks along the beach late at night when no one is up, laying out on a sleeping bag looking up at the truly amazing stars without the light pollution that is commonly found in the areas we refer to as home, listening to the animals- all the birds singing their songs, the footsteps of a deer making its way through the wooded area, the armadillo rustling loudly through the brush scavanging for some yummy ants to eat, the raccoon making a late night visit to your camping site to see if you left any goodies for him or to see if he can get into any goodies that you might have unintentionally left out lol... everything is so wonderful lol... I just love it... all of it lol... I could go on and on...

I hate mowing the lawn... that is why my brother does it... plus... I couldnt drive the tractor to save my life... the last time I mowed, I ran into something and bent up the deck of the mower roflmao... thats when my dad officially banished me from mowing lol... I like to garden and plant flowers however... that is always something fun to do... =D... too bad the flowers didnt bloom for very long... the only thing thats blooming this year is the crape myrtles and the canna lillies lol... yea... that #...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:36 pm

I figured you were aware, that's why I changed the subject to the weather, just like you do with old people in the hospital when they're worried about something. The weather is always a good one to throw in there. But yeah, I certainly took care of the relationship thing before college, got into a huge mess and it ended up not mattering that I was going out of state and her family was off to Britain or something. Weirdness.

Anyway, I think you should write brochures for different camping sites for extra money or something. After reading your post, I really want to go camping, like right now. Like, my plans for Friday may change at this point. Off to Lake Grapevine maybe. Here's something odd, I'm a terrible insomniac, but many of the times I've managed to sleep through the entire night, it's been on a camping trip. Typically, people find their beds at home more comfortable, and I think I do to, but I always sleep well in the tent on my little inflatable mattress. So do you see a lot of armadillos in Azle? I've seen some around here, but unfortunately only a few of them have been alive. Kinda sad.

I might like mowing the lawn better if we had enough acreage to have the type of mower that you drive. Haha I love crape myrtles. And recently, I'm not sure how, but I found out there's a type of lily called a purple people eater. Oh I remember, it's because I googled purple people eater. Yeah, I'm weird, whatever.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:21 pm

Lol... haha... maybe I should consider that this summer since I dont want to get a job lolol... Yeah... we have an armadillo named Bob that lives in the forested area beside our yard... I named him b/c when his whole family grew up there lol... but he was the only one that stuck around... he visits every once in awhile but my dogs pretty much scare him off now... we have possums out here too... we had one in our garage lol... he was living in the trash can... he had been in the garage for awhile b/c something had been getting into our dog food for several weeks before that... we finally found him when we were cleaning up the garage... he was fat and happy lol... and when my dad turned him out he looked at him like "What the hell are you doing?" lol... it was quite entertaining actually lol... we have cyotes out here as well... we have to watch it b/c theyve eaten some of our neighbors dogs and weve had cats killed by them... and deer... sometimes we see them in our side yard... =D... I love deer... haha... they are so beautiful... Im very anti hunting... and my mom has a bird sanctuary in the back yard... we have painted buntings, golden finches, sparrows, house wrens, chickadees, cardinals, purple martins, doves, mocking birds, blue jays, scissor tails, theres a hawk that lives over in the forested area that makes an apearance every once and awhile, and a varitey of other birds that I cant remember lol... my mom knows what all of them are... she loves them lol... I love where we live... but Im scared that in a few years it will be lost to gas companies and housing developments... our whole entire yard used to be covered with beautiful red and white oaks and native pecans... and some wild pear trees as well... and b/c of oak wilt one year we lost nearly all the trees around our house... we still have a few but my favorite tree that we have is the crape myrtle... it is taller than some oak trees... you can see it above our house... it is just a massive tree... and it gets larger every year... Ive never ever seen one as big as ours... it has been there for 18 years too... lol... but still... it is humungous... lol... they are my favorites as well... lol... I love lillies... we have canna lillies and texas lillies... then octopus lillies that bloom in the fall... we have two rose bushes... one blooms pink and the other white... and a row of red tip petinias and some other type of bush that I cant remember... our canna lillies are giant as well... they are right along the lateral lines where the septic system is to soak up some of the moisture b/c they are a moisture loving plant and shallow rooted... and they are about 6ft tall... they are very large lol... last year with all the rain they got to be about 7ft... it was amazing... I love flowers... awww... this makes me so happy =D =D =D... I love talking about this haha...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Well, now I know the extent to which girls love flowers. I guess for some though, it's still just a bunch of cliche romantic stuff, but evidently some of you have a deeper appreciation for them. Well, next time I find a girl I feel like giving flowers to, I say I should find some 7ft canna lilies, she'd like, never forget the guy that gave her those haha. Go ahead and tell me what a weird idea that is.

Well I'm going to a concert at the Dallas Museum of Art today, I'm excited haha. I don't even remember who is playing but it's usually some kind of jazz music that goes on there, and the art museum is just cool. Haha and my family is making fun of me because I bought a book called "Excursions in Number Theory." Okay, I'm officially rambling now.

Alright, now let's talk about not wanting to get a job this summer. I, um, don't want to get a job this summer. But considering that in high school I was either being a lazy bum or a bookworm, I need to get a job soon before I'm the 20 something who hasn't ever had a job. I'm not 20 yet, so I can do it. Do I want to though? No! I would highly prefer being lazy this summer and reading books whenever I'm out of bed. Anyone heard of the book "Blink," by Malcolm Gladwell. I think it's gonna be really good, I'm starting that one today. Well, I've gotta run to the store now, so this marks the end of my ramblings.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:59 am

Wow it has been awhile... so I decided to post... what new with everyone?
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby ZachB » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:27 am

edit
Last edited by ZachB on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZachB
Determined Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Well... it is quite good to hear that someone is being perceptive and reflective... lol... Ive been doing a lot of thinking myself lately... but compared to that... it is rather light... I have thought about how I dont like to think sooo much... it complicates things... absorbing things in the minute for me is a hard thing to do... I often feel as if I would like to lay my bare skin against the hot concrete of our back porch and stare up at the stars... and just take everything in... not really think about things... but to absorb things... feel things... I guess in a sense achieve a sort of internal peace that with being so busy one cant achieve... I also realized that sometimes it isnt better to know... but to leave things to mystery... I aske too many questions... and sometimes... the best way to answer a question is to not ask it at all... idk... but other than thinking... Ive been spending time... with people that I Love... that I care about... and want to be with... lol... and school is now over... lol... I also have learned that I really do sell myself short when it comes to writing... I wrote 9 papers and the most I spent on any of them was 2 hours... lol... and that was my research paper... I made a 97 in the class... and she asked to keep some of my papers... lol
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Well, as for thinking, I always think too much. I think it's why I'm a terrible insomniac. Most people's brains shut off when they want them to, but mine doesn't. It's not necessarily that I always have something important to think about, or something stressing me out. I just, think about things. Last night I was thinking about some properties I'd figured out about Fibonacci numbers. Then I thought about all the factors that contribute to how long it takes a person to be attracted to someone that they are in fact eventually attracted to. What makes one situation good for love at first sight, and another requiring many months to decide to pursue a relationship that ends up going just as well? Don't ponder that one if you're reading this late at night and you're single... that one will really keep you awake. Lastly, I've been thinking of what I should do with my life. I got into a good school, I make good grades, I like most academic subjects. I can't choose one and I need to. Right now, math, physics, psychology, anthropology, and economics are at the top of the list. Unfortunately, I doubt I can handle five majors in college, and I might run into something I don't like about one of them. There's something else... how passionate do you have to be about a subject to know you'll still retain that passion even if you run into a certain part of that subject you have to know but doesn't interest you at all?

Dang, I am indeed an insomniac. I should have just written all this out last night. Alright... next person... go for it.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby jahu » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:43 pm

I've been playing tennis =P.
jahu
Determined Spammer

Postby thething2 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:32 am

I tend to think of life as a chess match. Well, at least right now late at night it is looking that way. There is always time to make a move. Time is virtually unlimited. You can be in a position to win, but if you fail to make the move, you could be stuck in a never-ending loop. But if you make the right move at the right time, it is checkmate. Or if you have the boldness to make a move that is not thought out, it could all turn around and you could be facing checkmate against you. In a losing position, you could still fail to make a move and be stuck in the loop, or you could try to turn it around, or go ahead and accept checkmate against you. The nice thing is that there is unlimited time, but that time can be corrupting when a move is not made. Being in that never-ending loop may be the toughest to get out of. When you lose, it may be much worse at the time than being stuck in a loop, but you can always start a new game. When you are in the loop, you are stuck in a game that looks promising but nothing ever comes out of it because you cannot find the right move, and you aren't ready to make a move that may make you lose what you have. And if you make the right moves and win the match, what if you start a new match that you cannot win? Then the life that you won is gone.

I don't think anyone will understand that, but if you can, then great. I doubt that it means anything. But that is what kept me up tonight. Arithmetic can keep me up too, but that isn't really thinking. It kind of is. There are so many ways to solve a simple problem like 86x12.
1.860+172=1032
2.960+72=1032
3.FOIL
4.1080-48=1032
5.1720-688=1032(not recommended)
I've been playing tennis, too.
thething2
Determined Spammer

Postby B3ndythumbs » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:04 pm

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM@@@@@@@@@@$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4
9th grade
08-09 Hi/Lo

NS: 277(TMSCA 12)/178(TMSCA 6)
CA: 241(TMSCA state)/136(TMSCA 11)
MA: 312(TMSCA state)/142(TMSCA 3)
SC: 244(UIL A)/136(TMSCA 3)
B3ndythumbs
Incessant Spammer

Postby B3ndythumbs » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:05 pm

any1 listen to linkin park/avenged sevenfold/three days grace???
9th grade
08-09 Hi/Lo

B3ndythumbs
Incessant Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:16 pm

I love linkin park... some of avenged sevenfold is good... bat country and a little piece of heaven are my favorites lol... and three days grace... they arent bad... haha... =D... lol... I love Breaking Benjamin and my new favorite is Good Enough by Evanescence lol...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby SumitG » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Yay tennis!
Hi/Low 2010
You know I'm not even sure anymore...I get distracted from my scores by chocolate =(
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby ZachB » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:26 am

My musical heart is breaking...
ZachB
Determined Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:50 am

I'm about to get hit by a hurricane!
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:28 pm

EEEEEK a hurricane... dont get # away!!!
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Haha, I won't, I evacuated to California... so it's all good. I love how human beings can take something the way someone means it, or they can take it the nasty way. Contrarily, computer censoring programs always take it the wrong way!

Well, the good news is that New Orleans wasn't hit that hard by Gustav, so I'm headed back soon. Once school got cancelled, people started referring to the time off as "hurrication." Anyway, hurrication is getting boring and I'm glad to be headed back.

How's everyone else?
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:33 am

Whoa, long time no post on this... someone needs to tell a story or something.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby B3ndythumbs » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:18 am

LMFAO ALfjkalfkljafjk;afj.
9th grade
08-09 Hi/Lo

B3ndythumbs