[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Um...

Um...

A place to pad your postcount stats, should you feel the urge to.

Um...

Postby mathpimp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Potato.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:09 pm

wow... boredom to the max... are you ready to go back to school? lol... Im not... computer science will be the death of me... Tomato... yeah
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:41 pm

You called it, this is boredom squared, or maybe cubed haha. I'm excited to go back and start some of my new classes, but at the same time it's going to be a tough schedule. I certainly won't have as much time to make posts like this.

Oh, and as for tomatoes, I prefer potatoes. I honestly never got over the childhood hatred of tomatoes. I love tomato sauce, ketchup, all that stuff, just not the pure tomatoes. Yes, I know, everyone feels enlightened after hearing my position on tomatoes, you know you care.

Which computer science are you taking? I only had room in my schedule for computer science A.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Only computer science A... and well... yeah Im okay at it I guess but I am not as good as some lol... it defeats me lol... I know what you mean by busy schedule lol... Im just really tired of school... AP Comp sci and AP Calc AB are my two favorite classes... and AP Enviro is a close third... (there is just a lot of busy work and not a lot of challenging work... it is actually my favorite content wise)... lol... yeah... what is your favorite class this year?
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:06 am

When you guys say "only CS A" and such, do you mean that the first year of CS is CS A, and the second year is CS AB? Or are they just two completely separate classes?
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Haha I think you're psychic Lindsey... school = death. It's been keeping me busy ever since I got back. Right now my favorite class is Neuroscience; then Genetics is a close second.

I totally know what you mean about hating the busy work. It's so annoying when you ask the teacher an at least semi-intelligent question, and she just says, "Oh, you don't need to worry about that yet." The same day she'll hand you a page out of a science coloring book and tell you it's due tomorrow. It certainly does start to get better in college though.

Oh and Quelloquialism... CS A is the first AP computer science course, AB is the second.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:58 pm

That's actually what they officially called it at my school too, but my comp sci teacher always asserted that the course material corresponded to the CS A exam, so logically the class should be called AP Computer Science A. Blah, semantics...

So... three day weekend... anybody up to something awesome?
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:19 pm

It isn't a three-day weekend for me...
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:17 am

Ohhh Im so glad for the three day weekend... =) and next week is a two day week for me because we are going to the Andrews meet in West Texas and we are leaving on Thursday so we can go to Carlsbad Caverns on Friday lol...

mathpimp just call me Adriana... =) lol... my screen name is a little misleading...

Quelloquialism =) we have AP Comp Sci one and AP Comp sci two... and one is for A and the other AB... lol... idk... my school is weird... and Im sorry it isnt a three day weekend for you =( that #...

Im so ready to graduate... I have the days numbered in my planner... it is awful... Im exhausted... that is the only way I know how describe it lol... I thought senior year was supposed to be the most fun and the easiest?

So what are your plans for the long three day weekend mathpimp? And Quelloquialism, what is your favorite subject this year?
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:07 am

Well, so much for the three day weekend, it's over now. Friday night, I went to a party, and slept through half of the next day. Saturday night, I went to a movie (The Orphanage) with some friends. And tonight, I stayed in and watched a movie with some of the same friends. I don't remember the title of that one, something about Ghosts and something else. It had Val Kilmer, and my friend dared to tell me that Val Kilmer has better hair than me.

Anyway, I totally know what you mean Adriana, about being ready to graduate. I decided where I was going to college in November of my senior year, and from that day on, the limit of my tolerance for schoolwork approached zero rapidly.

So, Quelloquialism (or Nathan, is that right?), your school doesn't get MLK day off? That's a shame. But actually, come to think of it, I don't think my old high school did either. I'm not sure though. College is better, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Especially when you go to school in Louisiana, and therefore get three days off for Mardi Gras when no one else in the nation does! Of course, they find a way to distribute that three days of missed work, times ten or so, over the days I still have classes.

Anyway, I'm tired, and I've spent this weekend messing up my sleep schedule... so, I think I'll try to fix it and see if I can sleep now. Goodnight!
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Re: Um...

Postby aalindsey100 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:00 am

lol... did you get caught up on ur sleep mathpimp? lol... Anyways, yeah I am excited about college... Ive decided that I shall go to Texas A&M... I like the school... And Im not quite sure what I want to major in but right now it is Civil Engineering... Ill prolly stick with that but who knows... I still have a lot of time to be indecisive about this lol... Mathpimp... do you go to LSU? Nathan... where are you going to go to college?
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:16 pm

No, I haven't gotten caught up on my sleep at all. I've been nocturnal this weekend, and I woke up at 3PM today. So, my sleep schedule is very messed up. But no, I don't go to LSU, I go to Tulane. A&M is a good school for sure, I actually almost went there but then I decided to go out of state, and Tulane pretty much gave me enough money that it's about the same price as A&M for me to go here. Yeah, college definitely beats high school, but you can't get cocky like I did or it's going to mess with you. I came out of high school thinking I was Mr. Perfect, and then I got to college and some of my classes are actually challenging. As for your major, you certainly have time to be indecisive. I think I've unofficially changed my major about five times so far. But now it's done (knock on wood) and I'm doing math and neuroscience. If neuroscience is cooler, I"ll probably go to medical school, or graduate school in that. But if math is cooler, same thing, I'll go to graduate school for that. As long as I'm addressed as Dr. instead of Mr. it's all good.

So, how's senior year going for you two? Did you apply anywhere else Adriana? And Nathan, like she asked, where are you going?

Wow, I'm really procrastinating. I have a load of reading to do for neuroscience and genetics, but instead, I'm here.

P.S. Tulane has an ugly library for such an awesome campus.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:52 pm

My guess is UT Austin. There's a (somewhat unlikely) chance that it won't be because I haven't heard back from some of the schools I applied to, but I'm not really expecting much to come of that.

Oh, also, as far as school goes...bleh. Outside of school, though, my performance in programming contests is reaching a bit higher--I'm happy for that. My UIL performance could be better (really, I'm not sure what happened to my Science--I ended off last year with a 248 at District, 244 at Region, then blew it at State with a 152 and have been scoring too often in the 130s to 150s ever since, so I most likely won't make the District team this year), but my Calculator and Math have been okay, at least. I figure my Science and Number Sense are bad enough at this point for me to write them off as lost causes so I can focus solely on the other two.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:45 am

Well at least there is hope for those other schools... Where were you on Saturday ? lol... I was like hmmm... lol... but yeah I did horrible anyways.... nothing new there... I need to practice that is all there is to it lol... Weston made a 250 though... he is so smart for a sophomore... lol... actually he just practices a bit and he is smart so the combo is good lol...

Well anyways, in regards to your question mathpimp... yes I did apply for other schools... Northern Arizona University b/c it's pretty... lol... Im such a girl lol... and I got accepted... Baylor... and I got accepted... and A&M... and I got accepted... lol... Baylor was my music school choice if I decided on music... and my second choice for everything else... but yeah... I think Ive just about made up my mind on A&M lol... Ive wanted to go there since I knew what A&M was lol... seriously... but yeah... I considered Tulane b/c my spanish teacher last year said something about how beautiful the campus was... but I dont really like Louisiana all that much lol... Senior year is bleh... Im ready to graduate... I dont like this game anymore lol... yeah
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 am

I missed both Andrews meets (UIL A on Jan 12 and TMSCA#8 on Jan 26) and half of the Coronado meet (TMSCA#7 on Jan 19) to compete in a programming contest; there is also a good chance (not finalized yet) that I will be missing TMSCA State in order to compete at the Finals of the same programming contest.

EDIT: Oh, and I think I will be missing either TMSCA#10 @ Lake View or TMSCA#11 @ Permian in order to compete in a completely unrelated programming contest.

EDIT 2: Okay, it's finalized. I'm not going to TMSCA State.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby mathpimp » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Hey guys... I didn't forget my amazingly random thread...

Well, the latest news... Mardi Gras just happened. It was probably the most fun I've ever had in a four day period. Everything you've heard is true, and more.

So, what's crackin homies?

Yes I agree Adriana, Northern Arizona is pretty. So, are you from Azle High School? I'm guessing this because you said Weston... haha, he is smart. Or, maybe you told me that's where you go.

Nathan, I admire your apparent programming skills. I got a 5 on the AP test for Comp Sci A, but I still don't know anything. I'd say shame on you for missing TMSCA state, but I'm not going to because it's a bad memory. I scored a 285, so I thought I was special... and then you know the rest of the story.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Yeah Im from Azle haha... and Weston is a smarty... but you wouldnt know it by talking to him sometimes... he is so goofy haha... I love that kid... Im sorry about TMSCA state last year... I always do bad at state haha... this year I plan on starting to practice a little more however... =) ... lol... well we shall see...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby thething2 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:18 pm

thething2
Determined Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Ummm... Nick... your page turning is crazy... can you be any more disturbing... haha j/k... I need to practice... you creamed me at Dulles... of course I wouldve tied you if I had gotten all my crunchers right... lol... So yes practice is in order haha... at least for crunchers lol...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby thething2 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Well, I did practice over the summer, and it really didn't help much at all, so I gave it up. I still missed 4 crunchers on UILA(one by a typo on the test), but at Dulles I only missed one. At State last year, I missed 0, so practicing killed my crunchers over the summer.

My page turning habits, I like to say I do it to distract other people, but really it happens because I do not know how to handle paper...last year at state I threw a pencil at the guy behind me (BradP) at the beginning of the test because the paper knocked my pencil when I flipped the test. I'm just terrible with paper.
thething2
Determined Spammer

Postby bradp » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:56 pm

To this day, I attribute my lack of a perfect calculator score at state to that pencil-flying, page-flipping madness.
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby mathpimp » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:01 pm

Oh, good. So I'm not the only one who used those kind of tactics once in a while at the meets. At one of the meets last year, they had plastic tables for tne number sense test, and I slammed my paper down when I flipped to the backside. I definitely didn't even consider what a loud noise it was going to make; it was like a gunshot. I knew it would be distracting but it had an even crazier effect. It almost scared me too though.
mathpimp
Incessant Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:03 pm

Dont you hate it when you score horribly... like the worst you ever have since you were a freshman and it happens on your birthday... haha... I so wanted to do good... and I really wanted to beat Stephen haha (you know ur my favorite Wong)... but with a womping 143... I pretty much didnt even beat the freshman... 5 crunchers over half the stated and geometry that I answered... booooo... lol... oh well... I cried and Im over that... now it is off to solo and ensemble... =)... where I will rock =)... I am very confidant of that lol... YAY for 18... lol... just wanted I always wanted to do... bomb at a math meet and sing a solo in front of a nerve racking judge for my 18th birthday haha... oh well... lol... it could be worse =)... Im gonna get all of the womping out of my system before district, region, and state =) haha...
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Postby aalindsey100 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:55 pm

Im bored... stupid school haha... =) So, what does everyone's week look like? Anything exciting happening?
aalindsey100
Random Spammer

Next

Return to Pump My Stats