[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - The Summer Number Sense League

The Summer Number Sense League

Eighty problems in ten minutes. What's so hard about that?

The Summer Number Sense League

Postby mathslug » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:42 pm

Just out of curiousity, how many of you guys are gonna be interested in doing another Summer Number Sense League like we did before? I think that I actually have time to set it up if anyone is interested. I can keep up a leaderboard, and maybe run an old guys league as well for those of us like Aaron who are just looking for a challenge. I will have graduated by next summer, but I think I can set it up anyway.

So, does anyone else want to be in it? I've got an 8th grader who just emailed me about it, and I thought, "why the heck not?"

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby bradp » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:28 pm

I'll be in it.

But first... let's do a Winter League :P
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby MistaPotta » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:18 pm

If you need help with hosting, let me know.

~MP
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby AuSmith » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:52 pm

I will be willing to sacrifice 13 minutes of my time every competition.
AuSmith
Grizzled Old Veteran

Postby saeben » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:13 am

Mathlug,

I think the idea of a summer site for number sense tests is great. Although I am a sponsor, I took the test and enjoyed it. I also encouraged my students to do the same.

Eventhough some of my students didn't have access to a computer, I was able to download the tests and made copies. Please keep the site. And how can we help?

Saeben
saeben
Typical User

Postby mathslug » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:26 am

I'm glad so many of you guys are interested in this. I think we can get a winter league going. Of course, the one thing that I will need help with is coming up with 4 or 5 weekly tests that make up the contest. I'll make at least one, but I dont think I can make them all. Would anyone else like to donate a test or two? I'd also like help in advertising this league so that more people will join and make this thing a success. I think we can start this thing around the 15th or 16th of December, and we can have it run up to the weekend before invite A. That should be 4 tests.

Thanks again for showing interest in this league. I enjoyed it last time we did it, and I can't wait until next time.

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby NickR » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:38 am

I'd be up for the winter league and perhaps the summer league(depending on what I'm doing this summer).
NickR
Random Spammer

Postby El Chorizon » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:16 pm

winter league? sounds pretty interesting, I wanna see how this goes.
El Chorizon
Typical User

Postby The3point14 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:05 pm

I'm up for another try. I participated in the first one, I could use the extra practice.
-- 2008 4A State Calculator Champion --
The3point14
Determined Spammer

Postby MistaPotta » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:12 pm

The Winter League has its own link -
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Return to Number Sense