NS TROUBLE

Eighty problems in ten minutes. What's so hard about that?

NS TROUBLE

Postby murali0298 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:59 pm

I have taken so many practice tests and my first page is like clean with maybe like 3-4 errors.
Then, I try to do the third column and as I had mentioned in my earlier posts, I was yet unable to conquer the 3rd column.
I got the speed, but my errors pile up so high that my scores are not as high as expected.
I have said this stuff before but I want to know if there are any ways you guys were able to master the 3rd column.
I realize it's all about tricks but I think if I am able to know how you guys were able to pass through it with like less than 5 errors, I could implement that strategy
on my upcoming tests. Region is in like 5 days and I don't feel prepared. When grading these NS tests, for the past few days, I have been counting mistakes that deduct more than 100 pts from my score.
I just want about 1 -10 errors and not more, b/c I think I can attempt as much to compensate for that loss.
This is my NS TROUBLE.
Please help me!
I am a EDIT: SOPHOMORE (Summer has begun and Freshman year is OVER) and I am human. I don't think anyone can refute that - No Counterarguement!
If they do...well....i don't know if that's going to happen!
murali0298
Determined Spammer

Re: NS TROUBLE

Postby PokémonMaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Just keep practicing, and ask whatever you need to. Getting more accurate (at least for me) came with more and more practice.
If you must, just drill on 3rd columns (preferably of new tests/tests you haven't seen in a while).I find that this helps to familiarize you with the problems that will be asked on it.
Also, it would be a good idea to, if you don't do so already, attempt maybe the next 15-20 problems after finishing a test. I found it beneficial because it meant that I was practicing what I couldn't get to (not to mention, it's a perfectly good test, why not finish it).
And remember, we all make bad mistakes. It makes you human :)
I hope I help! If not, sorry for wasting your time. :P
UIL C 2013-14

NS: 298
Calculator: 240
Math: 282
Science: disheartening
PokémonMaster
Incessant Spammer

Re: NS TROUBLE

Postby smeag » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:48 am

Well, the problem with me is that I accidentally memorize each test I take, so I am "afraid" of running out of tests to practice...
Eels always look like they just told a joke, and are waiting for a response.
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Return to Number Sense