[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - How did State go?

How did State go?

Eighty problems in ten minutes. What's so hard about that?

How did State go?

Postby josephchi » Mon May 21, 2012 3:48 pm

State was intense. You walk into the testing room and all of you opponents are geniuses. How did everybody do? I did horribly with a 147 and I got 12th place in the 4A region.
josephchi
Typical User

Re: How did State go?

Postby PokémonMaster » Wed May 23, 2012 1:21 am

I got to #74 and thought that I couldn't have missed more than 8 or 9. I "knew" that I had a 289, which is why I literally cried when I found out I got a 226. If I missed 11...11, then I would have been State champion. But, according to Larry White, I am a State Champion.Just not the State Champion. :P

But on the bright side, I helped Mr. White set out the medals for Number Sense awards. What. An. Honor. :D
UIL C 2013-14

NS: 298
Calculator: 240
Math: 282
Science: disheartening
PokémonMaster
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Oh yes, State was INTENSE.
Pressure like crazy. That test was ROUGH and tiring. I remember getting stuck on a few, man I felt my state chances slipping so much, I was really scared.
I felt that I was running low on time the entire test. Got distracted a couple times due to pressure. A few questions were crazy.
I felt good about the test afterwards, and was hoping that I beat Bobby. Turns out I lost by 3 questions.

337, finished all 80, skipped 1 but came back to it and finished, maybe 5 seconds before time. I clicked my pen to intimidate anyone (haha) just in case they could hear me and go WTF.

So second place in the State, and I lost to Bobby, which is reasonable, considering he was #1 the entire year, tied 2nd at State last year, and #1, the other 2nd, and #4 graduated. My goal was 2nd, and I would've been extremely happy at 1st. 3rd I would've been slightly disappointed, and anything below that would've been extremely disappointing, since I was 3rd at District and Region.

And the second column killed me once again.
Perfect 1st, missed 4 second, missed 1 third, missed 2 fourth.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby rcoker7 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Dang I was so nervous before the test! I only got like 5 hours of sleep because of nerves the night before, so sitting behind Mitchell Hwang and sort of close to Bobby Shen didn't help. Also, the first column kind of lowered my hopes after the dreadful #1 and #3. I remember flipping after 3 people. I think they were Bobby, Mitchell, and Wesley. Ended up getting to 80 but I skipped 2. I'm kinda disappointed in my 7 careless errors...but I can't complain I guess :P. I won 3A, which is awesome, but I still got 2 guys I gotta pass ;D. Maybe next year, Wesley!
Region scores
NS: 368
CALC: 308
MATH: 318
SCIENCE: 232(32,96,104)
rcoker7
Determined Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:54 pm

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby rcoker7 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:59 pm

I believe I skipped the trig one for some stupid reason and the one where in the end you had to convert 7/24 to a percent...and don't worry I'll make sure to get a 410. Just gotta add 2 problems XD
Region scores
NS: 368
CALC: 308
MATH: 318
SCIENCE: 232(32,96,104)
rcoker7
Determined Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:57 pm

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332