[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - The "left out tricks" for me

The "left out tricks" for me

Eighty problems in ten minutes. What's so hard about that?

The "left out tricks" for me

Postby 101dalmatians » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:55 pm

I have a few questions that constantly keep coming up and I keep missing them without realizing it...

How do you approximate cube roots?

How do you approximate the e and pi problems? No matter how much I memorize these numbers and their values, I hardly ever get them right...

What is the formula for like area and perimeter of ellipse? Area? Idk whether I had asked it earlier but anyway...

How do you do approximations like: 14^5 or 8^6 or others that look like this?

How do you do complicated approximations - the ones mainly on #50 and #60 - they are huge obstacles for me...

I am just confused by these sum of product of bla bla bla...
I have these combinations that I really need to know of these types of questions...
1. what is the sum of roots formuls?
2. What is the product of roots formuls?
3. What is the sum taken 2 at a time?
4. What is a product taken 2 at a time?
5. What is the sum of product of roots?
6. What is product of sum of roots?
7. What is the sum of product of roots taken 2 at a time?
8. What is the product of sum of roots taken two at a time?
9. If the roots of a polynomial are r, s, and t, what is rs + rt + st?
10. Is there a 3 at a time?

What is the obtuse triangle side inequality?

What is the acute triangle side inequality?

The previous two were like:
The sides of an acute triangle are 5,7, and x. How many values of x are there?

How do you do problems like:
What is the largest root of a certain polynomial?
What is the smallest root of a ceratin polynomial?
I would like to know a faster way of factoring the ones with leading coefficient greater than 1...

How do you a permutation of x and y + the combination of x and y?
How do you do the same with other operations like division, multiplication, or subtraction?

How do you sum up a series? I know that people have told me this but just b/c I forgot or I skip it too often, can anyone tell me this???

How do you do questions like these?
81^2 - (80+1)*(80-1)
I know that this may not be the exact problem - this is just what I thought of that looks like the real problem...
And I also know that this can be done by you know thinking about the numbers but I want to know a aster method...

What is x^3 - y^3?

How do you add numbers of different bases and bring it to base 10?
How do you add numbers of same base and bring it to the same base?
How do you do the same with other operations - multiplication, subtraction, and division ( Idk they ask it but I want to know anyways...)

How do you do questions like:
1 cubed - 2 cubed + 3 cubed - 4 cubed + 5 cubed?
There are others that look like this but they are like: 7^3 - 8^3 or something like that...

How do you find remainder when dividing a number by 11?

If sin of an angle is something in between 0 and 90, what is cosine of the same? Tangent? Secant? Other trig values that could be ased on a test?

What is the general TMSCA NUMBER SENSE test focus on? What questions are modified when compared to a UIL test?

That's it for now I guess.

Thank you for your help..
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Re: The "left out tricks" for me

Postby darksaber21 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
MTHS - Class 5A, District VII, Region I
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby darksaber21 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby darksaber21 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:18 pm

darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby 101dalmatians » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:06 am

Also... I just wanted to also know whether the rs + rt + st of roots of polynomial r,s,t is the sum of roots taken 2 at a time...
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby darksaber21 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:02 am

darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby 101dalmatians » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:53 pm

What about the bases?
Are there any tricks for those - I mean in the questions I have asked???

Thank you...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby darksaber21 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 pm

darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby darksaber21 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:48 pm

darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby darksaber21 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 pm

darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Return to Number Sense