[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Speed, am I speed? (Cars reference)

Speed, am I speed? (Cars reference)

Eighty problems in ten minutes. What's so hard about that?

Speed, am I speed? (Cars reference)

Postby MacNS » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 pm

What is the best way to improve speed. I'm used to getting to the beginning to middle of the third column, but I'm striving to get farther. Any suggestions?
MacNS
Typical User

Re: Speed, am I speed? (Cars reference)

Postby 101dalmatians » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:09 am

Practice, Practice, Practice
DONT COMPROMISE ACCURACY FOR SPEED
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby MacNS » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks, do you recommend repeatedly taking the same test over and over to work on speed, take many simple tests, or just practice any test you can get your hands on?
MacNS
Typical User

Postby nsguy1350 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:33 pm

I wouldn't take the same test over and over again (you'll eventually just memorize the answers.) Take a good-quality test, then review and see how you can work each problem with a faster method than before. Learn whatever shortcuts there are and make sure you can use them effectively. A big part is just experience and getting used to the problems. The biggest thing is putting in time. Eventually your computational skills will become very fast, and you'll be moving onto the fourth column and finishing tests. Also, don't take only easy tests. It's good to take harder tests, because they require you to do more computation and will prepare you for both hard and easy tests.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby MacNS » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:42 pm

MacNS
Typical User