[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Cruncher Speed

Cruncher Speed

I can do anything, as long as I have my handy-dandy Calculator.

Cruncher Speed

Postby slanders09 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:50 am

Using my HP32SII I can finish the crunchers in roughly 10.5-11 min with relatively high accuracy (missing 2 at most). I'm scoring in the low 200s now and would really like to get my score over 250. Are there any tricks to finishing the crunchers accurately under 10 min and then getting enough S&G correct to get 250-275?
-Scott
slanders09
Random Spammer

Re: Cruncher Speed

Postby jahu » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:32 am

i wouldnt know, i crunch w/ the TI83 =P
jahu
Determined Spammer

Re: Cruncher Speed

Postby B3ndythumbs » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Yes, I use the HP32SII as well. umm gettin 250-275 really depends on the difficulty of the test. If its invitational A or B, ya its easy, but regional and state tests are pretty hard to get 250+. Umm for your crunchers,try to be able to finish them in about 8-9 min, which is about the fastest. usually the most or all of the punch-ins on the last page are simplifiable, so if you arent simplifying them, u would probably save :30-1 minute. Uhh, for geo problems, you should be able to do all of them except for the last page, which I'll get to later. Miss 2 at most on geo problems. As for stated, the 3rd and 2nd last pages are all "specialized" problems: calculus, matrixes, stat plots, and stuff. Make sure u can always get those 6 right plus the ones on the first 2 pages. As for 26-28, and 36-38, you shouldnt miss more than 3 tops. So, assuming u miss 3 stated, 2 geo, 2 punches, and go to 65, thats a 276. Of course, thats an ideal test. You will always probably make some mistakes and such.

For 65-70, make sure u go over the study guide really well and can do all of them in like 3-4 min.
9th grade
08-09 Hi/Lo

NS: 277(TMSCA 12)/178(TMSCA 6)
CA: 241(TMSCA state)/136(TMSCA 11)
MA: 312(TMSCA state)/142(TMSCA 3)
SC: 244(UIL A)/136(TMSCA 3)
B3ndythumbs
Incessant Spammer

Return to Calculator Applications