Calculator Apps Help

I can do anything, as long as I have my handy-dandy Calculator.

Calculator Apps Help

Postby wonderbou » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:38 pm

This is my first year doing calculator apps and I am having trouble with the stated and geometry problems. For the geometry problems, I think I just have to memorize the formulas and theorems for the figures, but I can't figure out how to do the stated problems. I can't find formulas for what the questions ask and have no idea how to solve the questions. So my question is does anyone have a formula chart or a link that has useful formulas for solving the stuff on the tests?
wonderbou

Postby mathslug » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Two suggestions...

One, get the Calculator Applications contest manual available through UIL I believe, and two, order a set of Calculator Applications tests through TMSCA, because they offer a solutions sheet with each test they give you. You'll get 14 tests, which provides you with many examples of those dreaded stated problems that we all love to hate. In order to buy from TMSCA, you'll have to get your school signed up with TMSCA, which your sponsor should be able to do for you. I personally don't know of any special calculator site, so this is the best advice I can give you.

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Return to Calculator Applications