Need help on STATED PROBLEMS

I can do anything, as long as I have my handy-dandy Calculator.

Need help on STATED PROBLEMS

Postby smeag » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 am

I can pretty much do everything on almost any calculator test except for the stated problems. Can someone please tell me how to approach this problem? They are too random and there isn't any guide on how to tell me how to do them? Are there specific types of problems?
Eels always look like they just told a joke, and are waiting for a response.
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Re: Need help on STATED PROBLEMS

Postby nsguy1350 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:29 pm

There are a set amount of problem topics for this section of this test. Pick up the UIL Stated/Geometry practice booklet. There is also a number cruncher packet. There is also a 'guide' which coincidentally, I picked up from my coach today (It looks very helpful.) It's from UIL, not any third-party, so you should know what to look for.

Some of the problems always appear at the same spot on the test; for example, I believe 47 is always a linear regression, while 46 is scaling principles. Other types include projectile motion/trajectory, area under or between curve problems, problems with matrices, among others.

The UIL guide says to write all of the steps out, using tables, canceling units (dimensional analysis/factor label method), and other tools. I don't know if this would take too long to do during the test or if you have to just get used to doing this in your head. I would say memorize basic conversions also, like feet to meters, kilograms to pounds, and similar conversions.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Return to Calculator Applications