2 calculators 1 test?\

I can do anything, as long as I have my handy-dandy Calculator.

2 calculators 1 test?\

Postby smeag » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:56 am

Ok. Can I use both a ti-83 and a hp33s on the same test at the same time? What I mean is: can I use a hp33s for the numerical problems, and then switch to ti-83 for the geometry and stated problems?
Eels always look like they just told a joke, and are waiting for a response.
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Re: 2 calculators 1 test?\

Postby chrishuff » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:49 pm

You are allowed to use two calculators on the test as long as they are in compliance with section f of section 924 of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules (C&CR)

"All commercially available calculators are permitted as long
as they are hand-held, can operate silently and do not require auxiliary electric power.
Calculators that have gone off the market are permitted so long as they meet the other contest
requirements. Calculators may not be user-modified. The contest director shall enlist the aid of
coaches to verify that all data and program memory have been previously cleared. Programs that
are a part of the calculator and cannot be removed or erased are permitted and may be used by
the contestant. A maximum of two calculators will be permitted and may be used at any time
during the contest"
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Return to Calculator Applications