[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Conversions

Conversions

I can do anything, as long as I have my handy-dandy Calculator.

Conversions

Postby murali0298 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:43 pm

What are the most important convrersions that I have to know for this test?

Also, this was a problem that idk how I got wrong:
A rectangular floor has an area of 29 square meters. What is this area in square feet?
I put 261 sq ft but the answer says 312 sq ft. Isn't a meter 3 ft because that was the conversion that I used to do this problem...
I am a EDIT: SOPHOMORE (Summer has begun and Freshman year is OVER) and I am human. I don't think anyone can refute that - No Counterarguement!
If they do...well....i don't know if that's going to happen!
murali0298
Determined Spammer

Re: Conversions

Postby rcoker7 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:16 pm

you're confusing meter and yard. Meter is in the metric system so you have to use a different conversion. The conversion I use here is an inch equaling 2.54 centimeters. Besides those, know all your gallons, quarts, pints, cups, ounces, tablespoons, and teaspoons conversions. You might not need to know these though, cause you can do conversions on a HP or TI-89
Region scores
NS: 368
CALC: 308
MATH: 318
SCIENCE: 232(32,96,104)
rcoker7
Determined Spammer

Postby murali0298 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Oh...I get my mistake!
I am a EDIT: SOPHOMORE (Summer has begun and Freshman year is OVER) and I am human. I don't think anyone can refute that - No Counterarguement!
If they do...well....i don't know if that's going to happen!
murali0298
Determined Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:34 pm

1 meter is a little less than 40 inches, which is more than 3 feet.

TI-89:
(29_m > (not greater than sign, the blue arrow at the top left) _ft)^2 should give you what you need.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby 007math » Wed May 30, 2012 9:37 pm

About the TI-89 units: NEVER DO CALCULATIONS WITH THEM.

By that I mean, after you convert it, just re-type the number without the units. At state, I got a converted answer with units and did "ans/36" or something and when it gave me the result it wasn't correct (hence causing me to miss a question). You have been warned.
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 pm

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby 007math » Wed May 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Yup, I even considered deleting the units from the number before I continued but I believed in my almighty Titanium too much and assumed it could do what I wanted (in the past, I would retype the number. Now I know why I used to do it). Anyways, it's not like one problem would have made a difference since I had a relatively low score.

Anyone going to that summer camp of UIL in Lubbock?
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby darksaber21 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:30 pm

I am. Kinda looking forward to it.

And I don't see the point on using the conversion thing on the Ti-89. I literally just convert on the go, since I'm practically used to that...
Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
MTHS - Class 5A, District VII, Region I
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Return to Calculator Applications