[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - TYPE OF CALC

TYPE OF CALC

I can do anything, as long as I have my handy-dandy Calculator.

TYPE OF CALC

Postby Kylin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:35 am

Hey...umm for middle school I would use the hp33s....I would see many with TI83....but can anyone tell me which is more effective...or If its fine to stay to with mine....
Kylin
Typical User

Re: TYPE OF CALC

Postby FabensMath » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 am

I don't know middle school, but in high school use both. An HP for number crunchers and Ti-8? for geom. and stated. I believe the perfect combo is HP-32sII and Ti-89, but that's just my opinion, use whatever you feel most comfortable with.
Fabens High School, Fabens
District 3-3A, Region 1
2012-3A-Calculator State Champ
FabensMath
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:27 pm

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Kylin » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Kylin
Typical User

Postby darksaber21 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 pm

I have used a hp-33 before, and one of my friends had too, but we both agreed that we didn't like the "feel" of the calculator. So while I was using some random calculator, my friends talked me into using a different hp calculator (which I'm learning to use right now).

It's up to you though. I'd recommend using multiple calculators (if possible) and pick the one you feel like a machine with, or just make do with what you have and dominate, with some practice of course. It's all up to you.
Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
MTHS - Class 5A, District VII, Region I
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby Kylin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:32 am

Well yeah...But like 'you' said... its didn't 'feel'...but for you...i've tried 3 different hp's but this was the best for me...i know how to use the TI's but not enough...but MY plan is to try more Hp's and maybe use a TI-89 like you guys said...for the word problems and Geometry...
Kylin
Typical User

Postby darksaber21 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:41 pm

You have plenty of time, so don't rush yourself. If you feel it works great for you, by all means use it. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to learn how to use some other calculators, and use what you've learned from those to the ones you use currently and improve.
Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
MTHS - Class 5A, District VII, Region I
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby Kylin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:32 pm

True...
Kylin
Typical User

Postby BradMcQuaade » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I only spent a total of nine months on an HP 32 with no real previous experience doing the event and was consistently under nine minutes and two misses on the number crunchers. I would definitely go with a 32 if you can get one. I preferred using the TI-84 over the 89. I was just more comfortable with it after using throughout all of middle school and high school for math classes. A lot of people do use the 89's though.
BradMcQuaade

Postby 101dalmatians » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 am

I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Return to Calculator Applications