[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Solve, etc.

Solve, etc.

I can do anything, as long as I have my handy-dandy Calculator.

Solve, etc.

Postby 101dalmatians » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:38 pm

It takes so much time for me to use the solve function in my graphing calculator....
Can any of you guys tell me how you do the solve, etc. on HP?
Thank you.
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Re: Solve, etc.

Postby Shawn007 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm

An example problem would help and the model of HP you are using, but in general, press the equation solver key. Type in your equation with all functions (ie 4*x*58^2
/2=5*x, not 4x*58^2/2=5x) and use whatever letter you want for the variable (I use A). Press solve then the letter and it solves the equation. If there is a value stored on the letter it will start there, so sometimes you need to enter a value. Just practice a bunch of these if you have any problems put them up, and I will see what I can do. For example, sometimes the problems say between pi and 2 pi, in this case store 3/2 pi on the variable before starting. Another oddity would be smallest positive solution, etc. in which case just repeat the storing process. If you still don't understand look in the owner's manual or just a model and problem and I will attempt a better explanation.
Shawn007
Typical User

Postby 101dalmatians » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:51 pm

I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Shawn007 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:13 pm

What calculator? HP 35S? on 35S above orange shift on 33 on sto as purple shift. More information would help me help you better though.
Shawn007
Typical User

Postby 101dalmatians » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:06 am

No. I have 32SII
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Shawn007 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 am

I have never used the 32, but assuming it works the same it should be on a shift on the sto key. Green shift it looks like from the tiny picture I am looking at.
Shawn007
Typical User

Return to Calculator Applications