Integration and Derivatives and others

I can do anything, as long as I have my handy-dandy Calculator.

Integration and Derivatives and others

Postby 101dalmatians » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Hey. How do you integrate, derive, or use the solver on the HP 32?
This is b/c the 89 i have - it is not like the best solver I have to admit.
Sometimes, I get wrong answers... I just wanted to know if the HP gives multiple solutions for the solver question.
Also, as for the integration/derivatives, sometimes when my 89 is loading and takes some time in its calculations.
I just want to save some time - so can I do integrals on the HP?
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Re: Integration and Derivatives and others

Postby 007math » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 pm

:O "is not like the best solver"
TI-89 is by far (other than WolframAlpha) the best solver I know...it will do virtually any number of equations and variables you throw at it as well as solve for complex roots. In the past 4 years of UIL, I think there has only been one question that my TI-89 couldn't do on the calculator test in terms of solving.

As for how slow it is at integrating and solving, it just depends on how complex the equation you put in is. I can judge whether its too complex when I put it in so I go work a different problem while my TI-89 does its uber awesomeness.

To answer your real question, yes, the HP can do definite integrals (and derivatives too maybe). I've just never used it since I'm too much in love with my TI-89 lol.
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Return to Calculator Applications