[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Calculators

Calculators

What could be so hard. It's a multiple-choice test for Pete's sake.

Calculators

Postby Salvadoramerican » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 am

I would like to discuss what calculators people think are the best for math, I personally love my ti-84 silver edition and ti-89 combo, but some people told me they prefer to use ti-nspires, that graphing casio one, hp 33s on math tests, or the classic ti-83s
MacArthur HS-Irving
Region 1 5A

Officially retire: It was an honor to compete against Dominic Yurk and his school, Paschal High(I attended Freshmen year there), in Science, gave a good fight.
It was a pleasure to compete with everyone in math thanks guys
Salvadoramerican
Determined Spammer

Re: Calculators

Postby FabensMath » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm pretty much like you, the hp doesn't have too many helpful functions. I use a Ti-89 Titanium and a Ti-83. For all the test i use the 89, except sometimes i'll get a matrix that i can do much quicker on the 83.
Fabens High School, Fabens
District 3-3A, Region 1
2012-3A-Calculator State Champ
FabensMath
Incessant Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Personally, I prefer a TI-84 and TI-89 Titanium combo.
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:55 pm

I've been essentially "raised" off of my TI-84 which is why I still use it most of the time [for speed purposes]. I only then switch over to my TI-89 Titanium when my TI-84 can't do stuff I want it to do...
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:55 pm

I had no calculator last year, so I had to borrow an 83 from my school. This year, I bought an 89 and use that along with an HP. I really use only the 89 on Math, though, because I don't have an 84 to use, and the HP isn't very useful.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby SumitG » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:24 am

Hehe, all these young whippersnappers...not even considering the ungodly powers of the most formidable calculator of them all...
Hi/Low 2010
You know I'm not even sure anymore...I get distracted from my scores by chocolate =(
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby Salvadoramerican » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:10 pm

Everyone have interesting comments, I like the ti-84 because its tends to be easier and more flexable to use, whereas the ti-89 allows for exact values and calculus use are amazing. Anyone know any good tricks for these calculators. And yeah i agree the hp 33s aren't that good for the math test
MacArthur HS-Irving
Region 1 5A

Officially retire: It was an honor to compete against Dominic Yurk and his school, Paschal High(I attended Freshmen year there), in Science, gave a good fight.
It was a pleasure to compete with everyone in math thanks guys
Salvadoramerican
Determined Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:01 pm

HP32Sii by the way, is what I use.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby SumitG » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi/Low 2010
You know I'm not even sure anymore...I get distracted from my scores by chocolate =(
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Return to UIL Mathematics