[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Inv A 2013

Inv A 2013

What could be so hard. It's a multiple-choice test for Pete's sake.

Inv A 2013

Postby E=mc^2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:21 pm

I took geom. 3 years ago, so I forgot a lot. How do you do 45, and 60? Thanks!

Answer: D
Answer: C
CA: 17^2 (Invitational A)
E=mc^2
Typical User

Re: Inv A 2013

Postby 101dalmatians » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:26 pm

I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Fredfredburger » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:59 pm

MIT '17
Fredfredburger
Determined Spammer

Postby E=mc^2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Genius. Thanks both of you!
CA: 17^2 (Invitational A)
E=mc^2
Typical User

Postby NoMathWhiz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 am

Another question from INV A test. I am not getting the correct answer on #13. Anyone have any suggestions?

#13. Roland Upp built a skateboard ramp that is 20 feet long and the end of the ramp is 3 feet from the ground. What is the angle of inclination of the ramp? (nearest second)

The answer is supposed to be 8 degrees 37 minutes and 37 seconds. I keep getting 8 degrees 31 minutes and 51 seconds.
NoMathWhiz
Typical User

Postby darksaber21 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:42 pm

They give you the height and the hypotenuse of the right triangle. As a result you use the inverse sine function to find the angle.
Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
MTHS - Class 5A, District VII, Region I
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby 101dalmatians » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:52 pm

If you follow that method that darksaber said but still get ur ans., you may have to use EXACT values rather than rounded ones...
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Return to UIL Mathematics