[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - top scores

top scores

Two hours? That's <EM>PLENTY</EM> of time.

top scores

Postby smeag » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:57 pm

OK, (I know I begin a lot of my sentences with OK just to be affirmative...)

OK, what questions should I answer to get a score of 200? I am good in biology, horrible in chemistry, and OK in physics...

Can someone give me a way to get a 200 by doing mainly biology and physics?

OK, THX
Eels always look like they just told a joke, and are waiting for a response.
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Re: top scores

Postby chrishuff » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Lol, I'm good in Biology, rock solid in Chemistry, and downright terrible in physics. Trust me, if you want to score 200+ in just two subjects, you essentially have to be rock solid in those two subjects. Keep in mind that you can only get up to 120 points per section, and assuming you answer all the questions, missing 1 yields a score of 112, missing 2 yields 104, and missing 3 yields 96. You have to get 18/20 answering all the questions in both sections right to score 200+. Well you can get 17 right in one section and 18 right in the other while missing 5 to get a 200, but do you get the point I am trying to explain?

87.5% accuracy (35 out of 40) is very tough to achieve, but of course it's very do-able with hard work.
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm

So study wise, hmm what is a way I can visualize it for you...

Basically, get an AP Biology book (Any book will be fine, same material, just different technique on how its talked about) read the entire thing and memorize it all.

As for physics, like memorize every single formula listed on the AP Physics B/C Formula

sheet and know how to use and apply all of those formulas to every possible kind of problem.

To find the formula chart, simply navigate to the Physics Tests and open up any free response link. The formula charts should be one of the first items listed.
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Even though you aren't good at chemistry, I highly suggest you learn it. If you really don't know much at all, you're missing out on 1 step formulas that can easily boost your score by 40+ points, with a little bit of effort. Read some material or study something that will take you through the very basics of chemistry, and memorize your formulas. That'll net you easy points, points that would be harder to get than in bio or physics.
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Return to UIL Science