[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - AP

AP

Two hours? That's <EM>PLENTY</EM> of time.

AP

Postby smeag » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:12 am

OK, can someone predict the score range for a sophomore that knows Biology AP, Chemistry AP, and Physics AP?
Eels always look like they just told a joke, and are waiting for a response.
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Re: AP

Postby chrishuff » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:24 pm

First off, it doesn't matter what grade level you are in. All that matters is "Do you know your stuff you learned in those classes?"

I am currently taking AP Biology (Was the 2nd place top scorer in Biology), already took AP Chemistry and passed the AP test, and already took PAP Physics. I could not take AP Physics my senior year due to a schedule conflict.

My score varies from anywhere between 100-200. I have never broken 200, but have gotten close a couple years ago.
I got 2nd Place Overall at Districts.

Since I am advancing to Region, my school's AP Physics teacher will help me out best to try and answer as many Physics questions as possible. And also since I have absolutely ZERO experience when it comes to Regional level tests - My UIL Science coach has the last 5 years of the Regional tests. I haven't gone over one completely yet (I have 3 weeks until Regionals), but this stuff is much more difficult, and dirty little tricks are used even more!
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:25 pm

But everbody's different. It just depends how you learn he material and most importantly, RETAIN it.
Christopher Huff
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby smeag » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:18 pm

please answer the following question: Can I score 300+ with the knowledge of AP Biology, AP Chemistry, and AP Physics? Multiple answers are appreciated.
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Postby FabensMath » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Fabens High School, Fabens
District 3-3A, Region 1
2012-3A-Calculator State Champ
FabensMath
Incessant Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:20 am

Look at 5A scores this year. A majority of 5A students came close to breaking 300, but most of them stayed below it. Of course there are some districts with highly talented people.
Christopher Huff

chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby Salvadoramerican » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:04 am

not really it takes some outside studying of subjects rarley covered in the classroom including the knowledge of ap classes
MacArthur HS-Irving
Region 1 5A

Officially retire: It was an honor to compete against Dominic Yurk and his school, Paschal High(I attended Freshmen year there), in Science, gave a good fight.
It was a pleasure to compete with everyone in math thanks guys
Salvadoramerican
Determined Spammer

Postby smeag » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 am

Yeah, but what I'm saying is I study from comprehensive AP Bio, chem and physics books. (Soy de Nyehh!)
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Postby 007math » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:41 pm

3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby NOPE.AVI » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Problem is, it's nigh on impossible to actually memorize all that stuff. Especially the Bio.

If you really know what you're doing in all three subjects, then you could probably get a 250+ pretty consistently on easier tests. On harder tests you'd probably be somewhere more around a 200+.

360 is absolutely unheard of for science, though. I don't know if anyone's ever gotten one at a competition.
What's the hardest thing about this signature?
NOPE.AVI
Typical User

Postby nsguy1350 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 pm

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby smeag » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Out of all the science ap exams, which do you think is the hardest and easiest?
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:31 pm

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby smeag » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 pm

I plan on taking at least one of them next sophomore year
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Postby 007math » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm

From what I've heard, and by taking some of the classes, in my opinion, Chemistry is the easiest with Physics C being the hardest.
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby Salvadoramerican » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:02 am

Chemistry only easy depending on your teacher and your studying habits our AP CHem teacher is awesome
MacArthur HS-Irving
Region 1 5A

Officially retire: It was an honor to compete against Dominic Yurk and his school, Paschal High(I attended Freshmen year there), in Science, gave a good fight.
It was a pleasure to compete with everyone in math thanks guys
Salvadoramerican
Determined Spammer

Postby smeag » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:34 am

I've seen the m.i.t. open course ware really improves my physics!
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Postby smeag » Wed May 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Do you guys think it is wise to take AP Chem and AP Bio sophmore year? I want to know if it is worth the effort to take 2 AP classes to improve my Science UIL.
However, please keep in mind, it isn't just for Uil(AP EXAM!!)
smeag
Incessant Spammer

Postby derekfuller » Tue May 15, 2012 6:24 am

Can anyone recommend me some authors so that i can purchase some books for my AP biology exam??
derekfuller

Return to UIL Science