What should I do?

Two hours? That's <EM>PLENTY</EM> of time.

What should I do?

Postby sciencegal » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm pretty new at this academic team thing. This is my first year in it. I am currently taking Pre-AP Physics. My school doesn't really have a team or a coach. It's more like a do-your-own-thing. District is tomorrow. At the last meet (Invitational B) I got a 190 and placed 3rd. I'm really worried, however, that I'm not going to go to region. From the past few years, I have to get about a 120 at District in order to move on to region. I don't really know what to study, how to study, or how hard this test is going to be. I have not done any Chemistry/Biology in two years so I've pretty much forgotten everything. What should I look over for tomorrow? I've been using Khan Academy to get the basics but it doesn't provide enough information. Are there any good websites you geniuses use?
sciencegal

Re: What should I do?

Postby nsguy1350 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:24 pm

We aren't geniuses :p
Umm... since District is tomorrow, make sure you're good on Kaku Chapters 5-6 if you want to advance. That's probably the best thing you can do right now to increase your chances. Otherwise, just review some vocabulary or something. There isn't much you can do one day before, so do your best in studying what you KNOW what will be on the test (e.g. Kaku.)
2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby chrishuff » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:21 am

And if you make it to Regionals, I will be here to answer as many questions you may have that I can solve.

My Experience is listed here:

Science member for 3 years
Already took PAP_Biology, PAP_Chemistry, PAP_Physics, and AP_Chemistry
Passed the AP Chemistry Test
Currently Taking AP Biology, Scientific Research & Design

Basically I can do a whole lot when it comes to Biology and Chemistry. I'm trying to focus on Physics for my upcoming Regionals meet for Science.
Christopher Huff
Juan Seguin High School Alumni '12
Retired officially as of 4-21-2012 (Well, I should say its the complete end of my UIL Academics career)

Texas A&M University - Class of 2016
chrishuff
Incessant Spammer

Postby Salvadoramerican » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 am

your lucky i havent taken any of the ap classes but i can stilll beat my team whom all have, sadly at district all their scores together didn't even come close to mine
MacArthur HS-Irving
Region 1 5A

Officially retire: It was an honor to compete against Dominic Yurk and his school, Paschal High(I attended Freshmen year there), in Science, gave a good fight.
It was a pleasure to compete with everyone in math thanks guys
Salvadoramerican
Determined Spammer

Return to UIL Science