I just feel like posting something...So, here it is

Two hours? That's <EM>PLENTY</EM> of time.

I just feel like posting something...So, here it is

Postby 101dalmatians » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Hey people of the Texas Math forum of Science.
My user id is 101dalmatians as you can all see.
I am fairly new to this forum...
I know this is not the right place for an intro but you can see why if you read the title.
Anyway...
Does anyone know how to score in science tests?
I mean by score as a score that is like at least 200.
Like what is like a good starting point for this UIL b/c this is my first time in like giving this uil some focus/attention...
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Re: I just feel like posting something...So, here it is

Postby darksaber21 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:27 pm

The first question I would ask is "how much of each subject you know" and "which subjects do I have an interest in." People starting off tend to know more about Biology starting off their freshmen year, but typically enough to answer at least half of the questions on there (at least from my experience), if they studied of course. There are a couple of chemistry questions that anyone should get right, and the reading questions in the physics questions are possible by anyone who read the book. So, first ask yourself those questions, and we'll take it from there.

If you have not taken the AP course for any of these classes, but you have taken a course in the subject, then you should be able to answer about half (?) of the questions in each section. If you want a score of 200, you will have to be well versed in all three subjects. Not perfect, but pretty familiar.
Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
MTHS - Class 5A, District VII, Region I
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby 101dalmatians » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Oh..So, which part is the hardest on the test? the bio or the chem or the phys?
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby darksaber21 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:25 pm

It depends on your strengths and weaknesses. Physics in general tends to be the hardest as people tend to learn it last and tends to involve more "critical thinking" though.
Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
MTHS - Class 5A, District VII, Region I
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Return to UIL Science