Book

Two hours? That's <EM>PLENTY</EM> of time.

Book

Postby FabensMath » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Does anybody know what chapters the book will cover for TMSCA #1?
Fabens High School, Fabens
District 3-3A, Region 1
2012-3A-Calculator State Champ
FabensMath
Incessant Spammer

Re: Book

Postby darksaber21 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:32 pm

I don't even know if the TMSCA tests cover any chapters from the book, but I don't think so. Have any of the TMSCA tests cover any of the chapters of previous books of previous years? I am not sure on it.
Now I know the stakes, and I'm willing to show what I gots. I will see you all at state for the first and final time, so let's end the year with a bang! :)
MTHS - Class 5A, District VII, Region I
darksaber21
Celebrated Spammer

Postby hfscience » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't remember the TMSCA tests last year covering the Kaku book. Although two years ago they did have questions over the Hawking book and Feynman lectures. Either way, if I were you I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. From my experience recent science TMSCA tests are not very representative of how you will do on a science UIL test. For instance I scored in the high 200's on UIL/HEXCO tests at meets on a regular basis, and I never broke 150 on any TMSCA test that I took at a meet and I still won those meets...
hfscience
Typical User

Postby 101dalmatians » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Apparently, they ask about that book in TMSCA tests too. I went to the Invitational at Mansfield and they gave us the science test - that's where I found out about this.

The book for this year is Amir Aczel's God's Equation, I believe...

Does anybody know what chapters you have to read for the meet on Dec. 8 at Richardson High School?
I guess this signature really doesn't matter now that I know that the forum is going down soon...
101dalmatians
Ubiquitous Spammer

Return to UIL Science