[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Robocode

Robocode

No, you can't have a sip of my Java.

Robocode

Postby SumitG » Fri May 09, 2008 5:30 pm

How many people here have played this at one time or the other? I'm looking for help since I only have a basic knowledge of Java. Thanks in advance.
Hi/Low 2010
You know I'm not even sure anymore...I get distracted from my scores by chocolate =(
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Re: Robocode

Postby peterliang » Sat May 10, 2008 12:12 pm

our cs3 class did robocode
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby SumitG » Sat May 10, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm asking because my Comp Sci 1 class is having a tournament and I can't seem to get a few glitches out of my robot. I can't seem to find a way to track the enemy robot's movements to a point where I can hit over 70% of the time when constantly firing.
My current strategy is to move to the left wall and then move the radar and the gun so that they follow a single enemy. I think I only hit about 30% of the time because of the lag between the enemy's movement and my gun firing.

Oh, and we can't develop extra classes to aid our robot.
Hi/Low 2010
You know I'm not even sure anymore...I get distracted from my scores by chocolate =(
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby peterliang » Sat May 10, 2008 3:44 pm

lol the best performing bot is one that moves to the edge and then proceeds to just go around the edge like a box
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby peterliang » Sat May 10, 2008 3:45 pm

that was my friend's, mine's tactic was to just move in circles avoid walls, and keep moving in ovals of varying sizes unless i am coming behind someone, in which case i proceed to anniahlate them. didn't work as well as i had thoughtit wud
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby SumitG » Sat May 10, 2008 5:03 pm

I was thinking about doing something like that before, but how would you detect if the robot you are facing is facing away the same direction as you are?

I was thinking about making a separate class for Enemy Bots so I could track better but since we can't use any extra classes that idea went down the drain. Right now when I shoot the shot ends up exactly where the enemy was about 1 second ago. Most bots tend to move back and forth every few seconds though so when they move back 1 or 2 shots will hit.

Also, how did you're friend's strategy work out.
Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby peterliang » Sat May 10, 2008 9:28 pm

considering that it was only about 4 lines of code, it was pretty good in that it beat most of the other robots that had way more code.
you can find the angle your facing and the angle the other robot is facing
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby SumitG » Sat May 10, 2008 10:08 pm

I see. Thanks. I think I'm going to make multiple bots and just check up on others' to see which one will fit best against the other. I tried downloading a robo from robocode repository to see how it was made and even the beginner ones were insane. At least 100 lines of code for each one. Good ones had like 1000s upon 1000s. Scary.
Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby SumitG » Fri May 23, 2008 11:16 pm

I've achieved my goal. I made a robot that constantly changes colors =). I called it EpilepsyBot.
Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby peterliang » Sat May 24, 2008 4:13 pm

hahahahah my friend made a bot that when u made a bunch of them looked like they were having a massive orgy
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby SumitG » Sun May 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby shrig94 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:40 pm

Rainbow ftw!
NS-355
M-348
CA-274
S-136
CS-160
Shri, AAA, Hirschi
shrig94
Incessant Spammer

Postby SumitG » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:27 pm

No, no, it wasn't quite rainbow...It just happened to change colors constantly. Lol I totally forgot about this game. I eventually created a bot which was a good deal better than Epilepsy called YourDaddy that made fun of the bots it was going against. Every time it won it would print "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?'. Good times.
Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Postby shrig94 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:35 am

what language is the game in?
how does it work?
NS-355
M-348
CA-274
S-136
CS-160
Shri, AAA, Hirschi
shrig94
Incessant Spammer

Postby SumitG » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi/Low 2010
SumitG
Incessant Spammer

Return to UIL Computer Science