[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - UIL District Computer Science

UIL District Computer Science

No, you can't have a sip of my Java.

UIL District Computer Science

Postby klebian » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:18 am

As per : The hands-on programming team component in computer science is now part of the district meet competition.

Is this being followed everywhere? Does it have to be followed? I'm not sure, just days before the competition, whether there will be a hands-on component at my district competition or not
klebian
Determined Spammer

Re: UIL District Computer Science

Postby MistaPotta » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 am

It's required, there is a to do it, but each district chooses how to implement it. Good luck!
Irrelevant since 2007.
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Postby Kenon » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:13 pm

It's required, and it is also why I quit the Computer Science team at my school.

TBH hated the team event.
Won 3A State Physics in 2010.
D1/R/S of Senior Year:
Sci: 166 (1st)| 174 (2nd 20/64/88) | 174 (9th 64/26/84 1st Phys)
Math: 206 (1st)| 150 | 208 (10th)
Kenon
Determined Spammer

Postby BiscuitXOXO » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:33 pm

I love the team programming event! Tomorrow(Friday) will be our district computer science competition and I'm certain there will be team programming there. Our sponsor has been stressing about it and even called me after school telling me to study. @.@
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679
BiscuitXOXO
Typical User

Postby klebian » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:57 am

The programming part is the fun part! Written test is useless and boring
klebian
Determined Spammer

Postby Kenon » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:54 pm

If you had my team and the speed of which I like to program at, you'd probably hate it too!

I like to program at a pace of like a line an hour or something stupidly slow. I prefer deciphering code and what it does over writing it.

Yeah, I just came back from my district and there was a computer science team test, of which our school did not participate in.
Won 3A State Physics in 2010.
D1/R/S of Senior Year:
Sci: 166 (1st)| 174 (2nd 20/64/88) | 174 (9th 64/26/84 1st Phys)
Math: 206 (1st)| 150 | 208 (10th)
Kenon
Determined Spammer

Postby datnguyen160 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:07 pm

I just have a little question. If I place in the top 3 and qualify for regional, do i have to "represent my district" and team up with the winning team for the programming part in regional?
I thought if I place in the written part, then I just compete for that at regional, and not the programming part?
Just like that, I'm done with UIL :(
datnguyen160
Random Spammer

Return to UIL Computer Science